ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 From Question Problems

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqib_26
Newly Registered

MN1 From Question Problems

Post by saqib_26 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 pm

I have some confusion about two questions of MN1 Form.
Question 1.5
Baby born in UK
Here I am confused should i give the name on Birth certificate or Deed Pool after amendment e.g
1- I f birth certificate has this name : Sumith asaripicker
2- After changing the name deed pool has this name: sumith asari picker
Here the difference is the space between asari and picker
Which option I should write here: 1 or 2
Question 1.6
In this question which name should be written whether the 1) birth certificate or 2) Deed Pool

My last question is that when the authority will issue the British Passport Which name will appear on the passport?
1- Birth certificate one or
2- Deed Pool
Option 1 or 2
[/b]

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 pm

The answer is in your question.

The name of baby is Sumith Asari Picker. So, in 1.5 you mention Child's Surname as Picker.

1.6 Here you write Child's first and middle names ie Sumith Asari

1.7 Here you mention Child's previous name ie Sumith Asaripicker

1.8 Here you write the date of deed poll and the words "change of name by deed poll"

So, if you Executed the deed poll on 01/11/2013, you should say :
On 01/11/13 changed the Child's name by deed poll.

The child's name is Sumith Asari Picker, so all the documents will be issued in that name. That is the whole point of deed poll, isn't it. Otherwise what would be the logic of deed poll if the old name carried on? :wink:

vinny

MN1 form Absence from UK

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 am

saqib_26 wrote:Question 2.3

Son born in uk now his age is 5 year .he visited Srilanka for 6 month and again 6 month. Total 12 month 6 month in 2010 and 6 month 2012. I mean two times in the last 5years with mother not father.

So in this question 2.3 I mention this absence or leave this question Blank

Question 3.3

In this I should explain Father Absence from uk only

Question 3.4

In this I should explain Mother absence from UK only

or

All above question I should leave blank?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:27 am

Guide MN1 wrote:SECTION 3: PARENTS’ RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM OR THE BRITISH OVERSEAS TERRITORIES, WHERE APPLICABLE.

If the application is in respect of a child born abroad to parents who are British citizens by descent under section 3 (2) or 3 (5) you should complete this section. Otherwise go straight to Section 4: Good Character.
If the application is under BNA section 1(3), then the 'Otherwise' is applicable; leave blank; go straight to Section 4. Fill in Section 2, as requested. It shouldn't affect the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 am

saqib_26 wrote:Question 1.1

My 4+ and 2 years old UK born kids have travelled to Srilanka. I have now granted ILR on 1st oct 2013 and did not include them on my ILR application. Now I am going to get them registered under section 1(3) ,
Is it correct?

Question1.9
My kids got a visa from home office and srilankian passports for travelling purpose.
Please guide me what I should write here:
1- Srilankan nationality or
2- Leave it blank

Last Question

I am leaving following sections Blank, please confirm I am filling the form correctly.
Section 2 (Residential requirement) because they are born in the UK and still under 5years.
Section3 (parent Residence) because we are applying under section 1(3).
Section 4 (good character Requirement) both kids are under 5 years
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 pm

My youngest was born in the UK prior to us receiving ILR. This meant that he had to apply for ILR as well when we applied for ours, as he was born prior to us having ILR status.
So no, in my opinion you cannot get them naturalised as they have Srilankan nationality and are not ILR holders in the UK. If they were born after your ILR was granted, then yes, they could have applied straigth for British passports.

legendz
Newly Registered

Post by legendz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:56 pm

I think I may have given you the wrong advise.. I found the following on the net:
Children under 18 are not naturalised as British Citizens, but depending on circumstances they can often become registered as such. For example, where a child was born in the UK to parents who held limited leave to remain at the time of the birth and subsequently obtained indefinite leave to remain, an application can then be made for the child to be registered as a British Citizen. Additionally, children who are born in the UK to parents who hold indefinite leave to remain are British Citizens by birth and can apply for British passports immediately.

We had to apply for Indefinite for our youngest as we wanted to travel and he could not return to the UK without a visa. Sorry if I confused you!
But you have to put down Srilankan nationality and not leave it blank.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 am

saqib_26 wrote:I am filling MN1 form for my children. one referee fill the details in small letter instead of block letters which is explicitly mentioned in guidelines to fill up the form.

But the second referee who has to be a professional has put his details correctly. Can anyone guide me whether I should sent this form to the home office as it is or get it signed again
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.