ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 supporting documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaweb
Member of Standing

EEA4 supporting documents

Post by jaweb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 am

Hello,

I am Hungarian who came to the country on 1 September 2004 and my husband is an Algerian who joined me in 2008 July with family visa then on EEA2 visa which is going to expire in March 2014.
I have been working since I came however the first 2,5 years I worked as an au-pair which I know it does not count.
I have NI, WRS and Permanent Residency card(EEA3) also. My husband has been working as well since he arrived to the country, luckily.
We have a baby boy who was born in 2011 and I am expecting our second one who is due in April 2014.
My question would be what documents should we need to send? I did my EEA3 in 2012 and my boy got the British passport too. Do I need to send my payslips from 2012 or its better to send them since 2007? Shall I write a letter where I explain everything, like I was on maternity leave from this time to that time. Why we are thinking to do it now as I would like to stop working as I am not well on this pregnancy but I can leave on the 29th week not before which means I should work at least 3 more months.
Thank you very much for your help!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 am

Once PR is obtained you don't need to exercise treaty rights anymore. If you stop working it will not affect your (or your husband) status.

As your husband has already completed 5 years in the UK (it doesn't matter when his RC was issued), he can apply now for PR Confirmation using form EEA4. What is needed from you is passport/ID and the PR card. No need for payslips at all.
He will need to provide passport, proof of residence for 5 years and a marriage certificate. A simple and easy application.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

[quote="Jambo"]Once PR is obtained you don't need to exercise treaty rights anymore. If you stop working it will not affect your (or your husband) status.

As your husband has already completed 5 years in the UK (it doesn't matter when his RC was issued), he can apply now for PR Confirmation using form EEA4. What is needed from you is passport/ID and the PR card. No need for payslips at all.
He will need to provide passport, proof of residence for 5 years and a marriage certificate. A simple and easy application.[/quote]

thank you very much for your answer :)

jaweb
Member of Standing

Really fast service

Post by jaweb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 pm

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I sent my application on 4 November 2013, got a letter days later. 2 weeks later we got the COA, and today 13/12/2013 we got back everything with a 10 year old visa. It took only a month :) we are very happy :)

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Really fast service

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

jaweb wrote:Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I sent my application on 4 November 2013, got a letter days later. 2 weeks later we got the COA, and today 13/12/2013 we got back everything with a 10 year old visa. It took only a month :) we are very happy :)

:D Congrat :D
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

funny_bunny
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 supporting documents

Post by funny_bunny » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Jaweb

you mentioned on your first post that your child had a British passport, kindly, would you please till me how did you manage to get that as I am an Irish citizen living in the UK and expecting a baby soon.

also do I have to apply for an eea3 in order for my wife to apply for eea4 ?

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA4 supporting documents

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:56 am

funny_bunny wrote:Hi Jaweb

you mentioned on your first post that your child had a British passport, kindly, would you please till me how did you manage to get that as I am an Irish citizen living in the UK and expecting a baby soon.

also do I have to apply for an eea3 in order for my wife to apply for eea4 ?

thanks
Irishmen enjoy a special status in the UK. Children born in the UK to Irish parents are British from birth regardless of the EU treaty rights. Just send your Irish passport with a UK birth certificate with the passport application.
For EEA4 you will need to prove 5 years of treaty rights. You don't need to apply for EEA3 yourself but need to provide proof (and passport) to support the EEA4 application.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)