ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guys - Did anyone got Citizenship Approvals so far...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Guys - Did anyone got Citizenship Approvals so far...

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:24 am

Hi Guys

Last week, we were all hoping that the DOJ will start sending approval letters for the next citizenship ceremony (hopefully Dec) on Thurs/Friday.

Did anyone got any news so far...
Last edited by CalvinKlien on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

mred1

Re: Guys - Did anyone got Citizenship Approvals so far...

Post by mred1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 am

NOTHING....

I checked my post this morning...I am hoping tue/wed. I haven't heard of any approvals since the 21st Oct. ceremony though.

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi Guys

Lat week, we were all hoping that the DOJ will start sending approval letters for the next citizenship ceremony (hopefully Dec) on Thurs/Friday.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:38 am

Hope for the BEST ..... :)

dub007

Re: Guys - Did anyone got Citizenship Approvals so far...

Post by dub007 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Call them tomorrow for update
mred1 wrote:NOTHING....

I checked my post this morning...I am hoping tue/wed. I haven't heard of any approvals since the 21st Oct. ceremony though.

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi Guys

Lat week, we were all hoping that the DOJ will start sending approval letters for the next citizenship ceremony (hopefully Dec) on Thurs/Friday.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 am

I dont want to call them, since I did on last week tue. I will wait till next week tue. Hope we would hear from good news.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:57 am

I phoned the citizenship department just now and the lady gave me the same reply as last week that your file is gone to the minister and we are waiting for the decision, as soon as we get the reply, you will be informed.

I also asked her about the next ceremony date and she said it's not been confirmed yet....
Last edited by CalvinKlien on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Interesting...we will have to wait....
CalvinKlien wrote:I phoned the citizenship department just now and the lady gave me the same reply as last week that your file is gone to the minister and we are waiting for the decision, as soon as we get the reply, you will be informed.

I also asked her about the next ceremony date and she said it not been confirmed yet....

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:04 pm

So now the desperate waiting game begins ...let hope our Christmas is a happy one and we enter the new year as Irish.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 pm

nice and smooth wrote:New citizenship approval letters have started to come in. Several friends received theirs this morning but no date yet for naturalization ceremony as usual because several people do not meet up the deadline to pay the 950 fee so dates will be sent several weeks later after the compile list of all who paid. Early Christmas present. Good luck to those waiting.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/postin ... e&p=942903

mred1

Post by mred1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I saw that post by nice & smooth....Amazing, I guess I will have to wait then...pray I get my approval this week.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:56 am

My heart started beating really fast when i saw the post yesterday by nice & smooth :)

Hope for the best....
GOD PLEASE HELP US

mred1

Post by mred1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am

YES...lets hope for the best....
Is it just 3 of us that are waiting? or no one bothers to come to this section anymore?
Well, got my post this morning & nothing yet...I cant have heart attack...Let me give them till next tue. then I will phone to enquire.
CalvinKlien wrote:My heart started beating really fast when i saw the post yesterday by nice & smooth :)

Hope for the best....
GOD PLEASE HELP US

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 am

mred1, yes call them please on Tues if no sign and share you experience with us... I phoned them two consecutive Tuesday's and don't want to call them next week again :(

Except nice & smooth, did you know some one personally that got approval letter after 21st Oct ceremony ?

mred1

Post by mred1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:48 am

Personally, I do not know of anyone after the oct 21st ceremony, but then again, all the ones I know have been granted.

I will call them tomorrow actually & let you know...furthermore, I guess too many people are not waiting as someone seems to be picking up the phone straight away these days....

Its well. I am sure we will hear some positive news soon.
CalvinKlien wrote:mred1, yes call them please on Tues if no sign and share you experience with us... I phoned them two consecutive Tuesday's and don't want to call them next week again :(

Except nice & smooth, did you know some one personally that got approval letter after 21st Oct ceremony ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks mred1, sure call them tomorrow and share the GOOD News Hopefully.

Yesterday, it took me about 25 mins before i got connected to a lady on the phone.

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 pm

I am waiting too for my wife's invite for citizenship ceremony, I got mine in the start of this year now just want to have get this over with , let hope the letters come by firday or early next week
Not waiting any more

Love211

wating watching post man lol

Post by Love211 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm

I am waiting since 2011 but still hop one day post man bring good news yes I call them emial them same reply wating for minster decision etc I am not sure there is more ppl wating from 2011 or only me . Good luck all just wait soon we all get good news .

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 pm

I have applied in Sept 2012. Its 14 months since i have applied

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Count me in as someone who's also waiting (since Jan 2013). I called them a couple of weeks ago and was told my application was still in stage 2.

I don't personally know anyone who got an approval this week. All those I know either became Irish already or applied very recently and it's too early to get an approval.

khan0080
Newly Registered

Post by khan0080 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:53 pm

i am waiting since 2011 as well i called them yesterday and they said that they are waiting on guarda reports once we have that then we submit your application to the minister for dicision can anyone tell me how long this will take now. i mean the guarda reports thing please

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

I really hope this will not be the case. A friend of mine did wait for 5 year for the Garda report. Every time he contacted the department they were telling him that we haven't got the report from the Gaurda yet.

He is a great guy, never had any issue with Gaurds. His citizenship was approved when Alan Shatter took the office. I am talking about Michael McDowell days....

It's just a story of one person, I am very much hopeful this would not be in your case as at that stage DOJ and Gaurds have no backlog.

Good Luck

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:I really hope this will not be the case. A friend of mine did wait for 5 year for the Garda report. Every time he contacted the department they were telling him that we haven't got the report from the Gaurda yet.

He is a great guy, never had any issue with Gaurds. His citizenship was approved when Alan Shatter took the office. I am talking about Michael McDowell days....

It's just a story of one person, I am very much hopeful this would not be in your case as at that stage DOJ and Gaurds have no backlog.

Good Luck
5 years in stage 2? Wow. This is one of the worst stories I've heard. Probably only second to the guy who got a letter withdrawing his invitation days before the ceremony.

This puts things into perspective. You're always in a better position than some other poor soul.

mred1

Post by mred1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:18 pm

ANYONE waiting on stage 2 for more than 11/12 months on Alan Shatter has been told a lie...Background checks doesnt take too long, I mean, the vetting office is in Tipperary & the citizenship office is also located there.

As for myself, i applied feb.2013, & got a response to provide them information sept 2013..That took how many months? 7 months...
All information was sent by end of sept./1st week in Oct. waiting for approval since then...It's now 9 months since I applied.

I called them last week & asked if they needed further information & they said no no no...we have all we need at this stage, it shouldn't be long before you hear from us.

I will give you good news soon, just lets keep waiting...BTW, never trust that email, it says I am on stage 2 when I am certain I am just waiting on the minister to decide.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 pm

mred1 wrote:BTW, never trust that email, it says I am on stage 2 when I am certain I am just waiting on the minister to decide.
This is an important piece of advice that I wasn't aware of. Now that I think about it, I actually emailed them a couple of weeks ago. I didn't call. So who knows. Perhaps I'm done with stage 2 after all.

Let's hope we all hear good news soon. :)

exam

Post by exam » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 am

@ mred

You are quite right.

My close friend was in last ceremony. He wrote an email and got the same copy paste kind of answer, that was about 2nd stage. Two days after the email he received the letter to submit fee and Garda card. When he received the letter the 21st Oct ceremony was just 2 weeks away, he was too quick to respond and unbelievably he was in the 21st Oct ceremony.

So keep praying.

Exam.