ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor or Family Visitor?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swpn009
Newly Registered

General Visitor or Family Visitor?

Post by swpn009 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 am

Hi,

I am on T1-General visa and I am planning to invite my parents to UK, Please can anyone suggest on which Visa I can invite them?

The reason I am confused is as under the new rules I believe family visit should only be sponsored by UK citizen or a PR holder, but one of my friend who is also on T1 visa sponsored their parents on family visit and they got their visa successfully.

I tried to investigate by looking at UKBA website in more detail and found that a person who is settled in UK can sponsor for family visit, so I am assuming I can sponsor my parents on Family visit visa. Please can someone help me to conclude if my understanding is correct?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
P.S - Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere on this forums, i searched with no success

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 am

Well, As you are on T1 General Visa, you are not considered settled, so you can only invite them as a General Visitor.

ILR is considered as settled and not T1 General

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks very much, my mistake I didn't read the clause "settled in the United Kingdom" fully.

I will apply on general visit visa.

Thanks,

Elhamsaafi
Newly Registered

Re: General Visitor or Family Visitor?

Post by Elhamsaafi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:34 pm

swpn009 wrote:Hi,

I am on T1-General visa and I am planning to invite my parents to UK, Please can anyone suggest on which Visa I can invite them?

The reason I am confused is as under the new rules I believe family visit should only be sponsored by UK citizen or a PR holder, but one of my friend who is also on T1 visa sponsored their parents on family visit and they got their visa successfully.

I tried to investigate by looking at UKBA website in more detail and found that a person who is settled in UK can sponsor for family visit, so I am assuming I can sponsor my parents on Family visit visa. Please can someone help me to conclude if my understanding is correct?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
P.S - Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere on this forums, i searched with no success