ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier2 General Urgent Help Needed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kev23
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to Tier2 General Urgent Help Needed

Post by Kev23 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello,

My company has assigned me a COS recently. However, while filling the cos application we have faced a problem with following two questions.

1. Is the job on the current shortage occupation list ?
2. Have you met the resident labour market test ?

second question has a mandatory text box to explain an exemption for RTML.

Both questions were mandatory but system would not allow to tick both questions one by one (only one can be selected).

Since my job is on the shortage occupation list (according to our understanding) we selected first question and left 2nd question and the text box empty. Could this cause a problem? Please help.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier2 General Urgent Help Needed

Post by manci » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Kev23 wrote:Since my job is on the shortage occupation list (according to our understanding)......
The job is either on the shortage occupation list or it isn't:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tnov11.pdf
If it is, and the first box has been ticked, then the second box cannot be ticked because RLMT is not required.

Kev23
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier2 General Urgent Help Needed

Post by Kev23 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:30 pm

manci wrote:
Kev23 wrote:Since my job is on the shortage occupation list (according to our understanding)......
The job is either on the shortage occupation list or it isn't:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tnov11.pdf
If it is, and the first box has been ticked, then the second box cannot be ticked because RLMT is not required.
Hi Manci, many thanks for getting back to me. My job code is 2123 and it is on the SOL. Further, company do involve certain work within the Aerospace industry. Therefore we had to tick the first question.
Under this circumstance, as you said, 2nd question can't be ticked. That's fine.
However, my question is, we left the text box where it asks any exemptions for RTML empty. Will this cause a problem or do we need to add a live note to the COS saying that RMTL is not required because of SOL and PSW? Cheers!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:54 pm

I dont think having left the free text box empty will cause problems. This box is for:

a) description of the details of the RLMT, if one has been carried out, or
b) stating which exemption applies if an RLMT is not required

By ticking the shortage occupation box the kind of exemption claimed has already been made clear.

I assume yours is an unrestricted CoS for a T2 change of employment application

Kev23
Newly Registered

Post by Kev23 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:00 pm

manci wrote:I dont think having left the free text box empty will cause problems. This box is for:

a) description of the details of the RLMT, if one has been carried out, or
b) stating which exemption applies if an RLMT is not required

By ticking the shortage occupation box the kind of exemption claimed has already been made clear.

I assume yours is an unrestricted CoS for a T2 change of employment application
Thanks for the clarification. I am actually switching from T1 PSW to Tier2 General - COS unrestricted, and I have been working for the company for last 12 months.

Kev23
Newly Registered

Post by Kev23 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:16 pm

manci wrote:I assume yours is an unrestricted CoS for a T2 change of employment application
Manci, What made you think I was on "change of employment" category, I thought I will be considered as a "new entrant" who switching T1 PSW to T2 General? I am confused now :roll:

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 pm

I overlooked the title of your post. However, it doesn't make any difference as far as the RLMT is converned, - you are exempt on two counts: shortage occupation job and switching from T1 PSW. You will be treated as new entrant as far as the min. salary is concerned because you are switching from T1 PSW..