ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for child born before father's ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

misticalwinds
Newly Registered

Passport for child born before father's ILR

Post by misticalwinds » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

I have had conflicting information from various sources so now I am really confused. Here is the background:

We had a baby in April 2013 who was born in UK. We did not apply for the baby's Pakistani passport as there were no imminent travel plans and also I was becoming due for my ILR in July 2013. In July 2013 I applied for myself and my wife's ILR but did not include our baby in the ILR application. I got my ILR approved in October 2013.

Now the question is whether I can apply for my child's British passport directly as she has not had any nationality/passport since she was born or do I have to register her first as a British Citizen using form MN-1 and then subsequently apply for British passport.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.