ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement with old IELTS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muscovite

English language requirement with old IELTS

Post by Muscovite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 am

I am aware there were a few topics about the same already but what makes it different is this:

1) I want you to post here the confirmation that you obtained a citizenship using old IELTS (beyond its validity, i.e. more than 2 years old) as a proof of metting English language requirement. Do we have anyone who went through this yet?

OR

2) A written reply from UKBA clarifying the issue and confirming that IELTS certificates will be accepted beyond their validity.

Thanks.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:33 am

SET17.6 Who are the approved test providers? wrote:evidence has been submitted from one of our providers but at a test level not specified on our list. This cannot be accepted. Only tests and test levels that are specifically included on our list are acceptable for UKBA purposes. For example, an IELTS test is received that shows a score below the B1 level specified in our list. This cannot be accepted as evidence of A1 proficiency because IELTs do not map below B1.
However, please refer to binhn8's post
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Cheers Damaniss