ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited right of Appeal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Limited right of Appeal

Post by Ahmd_64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am

Hi Guys,

I lodged appeal 17 of September. Today i called tribunal regarding hearing date. Tribunal lady told me that i have limited right of appeal and judge will look and decide " the case is able to be allowed for hearing or not" it is next process. If judge thinks case is able for hearing he will send you hearing letter.
Please can you tell me what does it mean limited right of appeal and judge decision regarding hearing capability or not. To be allowed for hearing or not putting me frustration. Please tell me what your experience and knowledge about it
Thanks in advance

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Limited right of Appeal

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm

@ Ahmd_64, what is your full story? We need to know the full story before we can comment decisively.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmd_64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:35 pm

I have company which provides energy performance certificates and green deal assessment (energy saving survey)to domestic and non domestic properties. Estate agents, maintanance, installers companies need EPC before putting on rent or sale.
Above is company functions detail.
In application i told my role in company is compliance and quality manager because quality assurance is very important in this field.
I provided 3 estate agents contracts who are taking services from my company for EPC.
Case worker said my title does not satisfy appendex J which it does bcz according to SOC it is 2464 or 2364 (i do not remember it now i have to check code number but it is in SOC)
Second case worker said my two estate agents do not demonstrate which i am providing services to my clients. All estate agents are taking my services. Statement is UK based and everything is original.
This is short story of my case.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 pm

@ Ahmd_64, in my opinion the first thing is to make sure that your SOC code correspond with Home Office guideline and then you will be able to defend that in front of the judge.

Also, for the contract letters, if you are already trading with your clients and if you have all the invoices and payment records for the services then you should take all the documents to the hearing and show the judge that you are actually trading and hopefully the judge should be on your side.

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmd_64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Money is coming from my clients in company account. Main issue is title. Solicitor says SOC guides you to have similar title or role in company not the exact title of SOC. My role defines title but problem is today call
Tribunal told me i have limited right of appeal and judge will look whether this appeal should go ahead for hearing or not. This id new confusion.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:26 pm

@ Ahmd_64, is there a particular reason why your case look a bit different as most people usually get full appeal right if they have valid visa as at the time of application and no unusual immigration history.

You have the option of JR if the judge refused you right to appeal.

What do you say is your real SOC code?

Ahmd_64
United Kingdom

Post by Ahmd_64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 pm

SOC is 2462

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:09 pm

@ Ahmd_64, the SOC code you choose is listed below;

2462 Quality assurance and regulatory professionals

Related job titles:
 Compliance manager
 Financial regulator
 Patent attorney
 Quality assurance manager
 Quality manager

But you seem to have combined 2 job titles together to get your own title of ''compliance and quality manager'' from Home Office list. Am thinking that the caseworker might have got confused because you didn't choose a straightforward job title. I don't know if 2 job titles can be combined as you have done, but hopefully the judge will be on your side.

Caseworkers are always looking for simple mistake on application to refuse applicants so its always better to stick with their guideline.