ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to HSMP - Initial Grant of more than 2 Years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dev_man
Newly Registered

Work Permit to HSMP - Initial Grant of more than 2 Years

Post by dev_man » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am

Hi All

I have a question with regards to the HSMP scheme after change of rules etc and was hoping someone might be/was in a similar situation or knows somebody and could help me out here with your comments

I am currently on a work permit and have completed more than 2 years on my work permit. I am now considering applying for the HSMP and make my 75 points under the new scheme.

My query is that is it possible that the HSMP office might consider allotting more than 2 years for the inital stay under HSMP? This would allow me to complete my time for settlement without applying for an HSMP extension thus saving me some money and hassles

Any views and comments would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Dev

karupalli

no

Post by karupalli » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:45 pm

Answer is no.. When I switched from work permit to HSMP, I got 2 year time eventhoug my wp is valid for another 4 years.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:05 pm

dev_man

2 years is maxium you will get (This is also normally what people get). It means people could get lees but not more than 2 years

Pantaiema