ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mansibhasin
Newly Registered

Ilr query

Post by Mansibhasin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi All,
I have been in Uk since 2011 on the following visa. I want to understand when will I be eligible to apply for ILR.

Mar 2011- Mar 2013 : Tier 2 ICT
Apr 2013 - till date : Tier 2 dependent visa

Thanks!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:02 am

Which route are you aiming to qualify for ILR?
Provide further details. I understand you were the main applicant and then switched to dependent. Provide further details of your partner's visa.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Mansibhasin
Newly Registered

Re: Ilr query

Post by Mansibhasin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 am

Hi,
Apologies for the late revert. So below is my and my husband's visa situation:

- I came to UK on Tier 2 ICT in Mar'11 and I stayed on this visa till Mar'13. I am now on my husband's Tier 2 visa (details below) from Apr'13 onwards
- My husband came to UK on Tier 4 Student visa in Sep'11 and stayed on it till Oct'12. After this he switched to employer sponsored Tier 2 visa from Nov'12 onwards. His visa is valid till Nov'15

My question is that given the above situation, when might either my husband or me be eligible to apply for ILR? I have read that there have been changes to how time on Tier 2 ICT will be counted but am not clear on how it will apply to our situation. Help is much appreciated!