ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ! I NEED ADVISEWOULD YOU CHOOSE YOUR HUSBAND OR YOUR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ayse Kara
Newly Registered

URGENT ! I NEED ADVISEWOULD YOU CHOOSE YOUR HUSBAND OR YOUR

Post by Ayse Kara » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 pm

:cry: My problem is my mum lives in Turkey and I live in UK.with my English husband for the past 5 years, my mum use to live with my Aunt, but my Aunt got married and moved away. Now my mum lives alone on her own but recently one of my uncle (he is not very well himself since he had throat cancer) lives with her to help her but he can’t look after her properly can’t take her hospitals regularly . I am worring about her she is over 55 years old and her health is not good somebody must look after her. I am her daughter it feels like I have deserted. She wants me back. I do want to go back but I love my husband and he can't leave his life, good career and his family for me to live in Turkey with me. I can't be without both. Sometimes I feel .... I don't know what to do.

I met my husband when I was returning back to Turkey he knew about my mum then he was ok He wanted live there too. but we decided to sort my paperwork and visa first in Uk but it took over 3.5 years when it was spouse to take 1 year. We always talked about going back but he found good job here and he doesn’t want to move anymore and his view about Turkey has changed over the years. That is not fair for me.

My mum will be completely bedridden and wouldn't be able to look after herself, if her health carry like that

2 years ago I couldn't go to see my mum for 3 full years. Because of Home office mistakes and delays on my visa, during these 3 years my mum lost her mum, I couldn't be with my mum to sport her through her difficult time.

Than she had operation on her stomach, she has high hyper blood tension/ pressure left her left leg ill that makes her not be able to walk easily and she faints sometimes (she fainted 4 times on the street according what I been told by my uncle) Rheumatism, waist hernia, cataract on her eyes, memory lose....and more.
yes she is 55years old but physically and emotionally ill like 70 years old person all I want is her health and happiness
She looked like aged 15 years in that 3 years time I couldn't recognize my own mum at the airport when I saw her after 3 years later. She might be able to look after herself just about for now for couple years but what happens after that? I don't know what to do?

I looked at Home Office Website and investigated bringing my mum over to England to stay with us,yes it is possible according to rules but she had to be over 60 according according what home office worker said to her

. My Mum had been here as visitor before. We applied bringing my mother over to England to stay with us. Permanent family visa, They refused her visa. Their reasons were she wasn't old enough, her illness wasn't Serious enough, documentation of I financially helped her over 5years even we supplied two-bank document to them and we are financially cape able to look after her in UK
They didn’t find my mum’s situation most exceptional circumstances as defined under the immigration rules. I wanted appeal to their decision but we couldn’t do anything about age limit so we let it go.

After 2 months later she applied for 3 months as visitor to come visit us for Christmas period and see our new home visit my husbands family and at least she could be near us that period so we could keep an eye on her until we sort things out.

. :( She been refused for the second time, this time their reason was because she applied for family visa and refused she will never be able to come to UK and visit us anymore. I am annoyed and disappointed that she was not given a visitors visa. We provided all of the required and correct paperwork, she owns property in Turkey which we bought for her, we do not understand why she was not given permission to visit us. They are taking away mothers basic need. It is hard for mother not be able to visit her doughter+family at all. This is not right.

:x Of course we appealed to this decision and and hearing at court is tomorrow finger cross. But we gone through very hard time all the efforts, hopes, money, time, patience, morale, tears…
I decade that if appeal be refused I will go back to Turkey live with my mum and to look after her. I don’t want to leave her alone anymore during the last 2 years her house robed twice and she come to face to face with thief she was nearly going to get killed. I am so scared something will happen to her.
I don’t think my husband coming with me. He prefers his career and doesn’t want to live in Turkey. I don’t know what to do I guess I need some advice and any other possible options? :?: :!:

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 pm

That sounds terrible! Well, I wish you all the best tomorrow, I don't have any advice to offer you, sorry.

Have you any official doctor reports about your mother's ill health? It is important that you show this to them, to prove that she needs to be cared for, and her circumstance is exceptional (that said, these types of visas don't allow her to use public funds....like full-time carer...so you will have to pay for her maintainance).

Well, what you can do if all else fails: do you have a job? You can go back home for a few months each year to look after her, whilst you are there, try sorting out a live-in carer for her. This will mean she is not alone and someone will be there for her. I don't know much about Turkey (!), but I do think you can get someone (a cousin, even?). If you can't stay long then when you come back home, you can work to pay the carer looking after her?

This is just a back-up plan, if the decision rules against you, but you should be prepared for other options. Good luck.