ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Harrsment Prevantion latter by met police

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joanna2014

Harrsment Prevantion latter by met police

Post by joanna2014 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi my friend. What's to apply an application. And recently he received the later from met police harrsment prevention latter
The latter state. This is not a criminal record or it is not gong to affect to any CRB checks and. The latter. Is only police keeping in their recorded as they Issue to my Frend. And the latter also says this latter is not prove that the person is plead guilty etc
My question dose m friend have to mention about this latter in his AN application as he could not find the section to mention about it in application form and as this latter. Was. Just a latter not a warning or cautios
Please. Advce. Dose this latter affect AN application ?
And dose applicant. Have to mention about it in AN application ?

Thanks
Meaning of life change every day :)
Live life king size :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:47 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

joanna2014

Post by joanna2014 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 pm

hi D4109125 could you please copy past me whic is the best to look as my answr
please advice

VR

Harrassment Prevention notice

Post by VR » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Joanna2014,

A harrasment Prevention notice is often Issued here in UK when there is a non-molestation order in place and the person to whom it is issued ends up violation the non-molestation Order but the Crown Prosecution Service does not have sufficient evidence to prosecute the individual.

It is more of a procedural document issued by the Police to close the instance of their investigation based on a complaint by the victim against the defendant who is accused of violating the non-molestation order but on subsequent enquiry there is insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Example: A couple separate. The guy needs some info from his ex partner regarding the house they shared (eg utility bill or details) He calls the partner and the partner lodges a complaint of harassment. The police pop in to investigate. The guy explains the situation. Here the police have to close the investigation. Before they do that they Issue a First Instance Harassment Notice. This is a marker to tell him that next time if he contacts the victim he will be jailed or taken before the court. Its like a final warning.

It is recorded on the police computer but is by no means a crime or an admission of guilt. It forms part of the additional information which they will disclose on all enhanced Checks. But it is not a crime in itself.

THERE IS NO NEED TO DISCLOSE THIS separately. Also note that if the individual does not have any Conviction and only family proceedings are on, there is no need to disclose Family disputes, divorces and effects arising from them unless something becomes criminal during the course of these proceedings.

Hope this helps.
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:27 pm

The only potential issue could be question 3.18 on form AN, see Question 11 on the above link. However, I agree with VR, it shouldn't pose an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

joanna2014

Re: Harrassment Prevention notice

Post by joanna2014 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:19 pm

VR wrote:Joanna2014,

A harrasment Prevention notice is often Issued here in UK when there is a non-molestation order in place and the person to whom it is issued ends up violation the non-molestation Order but the Crown Prosecution Service does not have sufficient evidence to prosecute the individual.

It is more of a procedural document issued by the Police to close the instance of their investigation based on a complaint by the victim against the defendant who is accused of violating the non-molestation order but on subsequent enquiry there is insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Example: A couple separate. The guy needs some info from his ex partner regarding the house they shared (eg utility bill or details) He calls the partner and the partner lodges a complaint of harassment. The police pop in to investigate. The guy explains the situation. Here the police have to close the investigation. Before they do that they Issue a First Instance Harassment Notice. This is a marker to tell him that next time if he contacts the victim he will be jailed or taken before the court. Its like a final warning.

It is recorded on the police computer but is by no means a crime or an admission of guilt. It forms part of the additional information which they will disclose on all enhanced Checks. But it is not a crime in itself.

THERE IS NO NEED TO DISCLOSE THIS separately. Also note that if the individual does not have any Conviction and only family proceedings are on, there is no need to disclose Family disputes, divorces and effects arising from them unless something becomes criminal during the course of these proceedings.

Hope this helps.
cheers
vr

hi VR thanks for explaining me i assumed i do-not have to mention about this letter in my AN application and not sent this letter with my application ?
please kindly just answer me in yes or no as i am hell off confuse about it
and do home office do enhanced CRB checked for AN application ? and HOW IT WILL BE APPERA ON MY CRB WHICH SECTION AS CRIMINAL ?
thanks VR and mr d for having a look in my matter

joanna2014

Re: Harrassment Prevention notice

Post by joanna2014 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:03 pm

joanna2014 wrote:
VR wrote:Joanna2014,

Hope this helps.
cheers
vr

hi VR thanks for explaining me i assumed i do-not have to mention about this letter in my AN application and not sent this letter with my application ?
please kindly just answer me in yes or no as i am hell off confuse about it
and do home office do enhanced CRB checked for AN application ? and HOW IT WILL BE APPERA ON MY CRB WHICH SECTION AS CRIMINAL ?
thanks VR and mr d for having a look in my matter

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Harrsment Prevantion latter by met police

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Why have you re-posted this after almost 1 year?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.