ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes on 28th October to Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djc

Changes on 28th October to Naturalisation

Post by djc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Guys , applying for my naturalisation, and had some questions. A cursory look into previous posts did not yield the info. Apologies if they have been answered before.

1) Submitted my Life in the Uk test report while applying for ILR Cant find it any more. Do I have to submit it with my application as well??

2) I am self employed and pay taxes. But I do not have the tax returns. Would supplying the home office with the unique reference number suffice or should I ask the IR to send me a copy and attach with the application.

3) Had done a PG Dip course which let me get the PSW visa (2008). Would that suffice or would I have to take a test to prove proficiency in English ?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Changes on 28th October to Naturalisation

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am

djc wrote:Hi Guys , applying for my naturalisation, and had some questions. A cursory look into previous posts did not yield the info. Apologies if they have been answered before.

1) Submitted my Life in the Uk test report while applying for ILR Cant find it any more. Do I have to submit it with my application as well??

Yes.

2) I am self employed and pay taxes. But I do not have the tax returns. Would supplying the home office with the unique reference number suffice or should I ask the IR to send me a copy and attach with the application.

You can do so.

3) Had done a PG Dip course which let me get the PSW visa (2008). Would that suffice or would I have to take a test to prove proficiency in English ?

Use Points Calculator to see if you're awarded 10 points for your english. If yes then no need to appear for English test. Also read this post

Thanks in advance. :-)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am

Damanisshallo wrote:1) Submitted my Life in the Uk test report while applying for ILR Cant find it any more. Do I have to submit it with my application as well??

Yes.
If you have submitted the test for your settlement application, you don't need to submit it again for naturalisation.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Jambo wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:1) Submitted my Life in the Uk test report while applying for ILR Cant find it any more. Do I have to submit it with my application as well??

Yes.
If you have submitted the test for your settlement application, you don't need to submit it again for naturalisation.
r u sure ? we do need to submit LIUK certificate when applying for Naturalization. My friend confirmed it and he said they will take your certificate because it no longer required by us :)

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Jambo wrote:If you have submitted the test for your settlement application, you don't need to submit it again for naturalisation.
I do not see a written confirmation about this. You've previously mentioned this elsewhere but how would someone answer the question 1.22 in Form AN where the applicant had lost his/her certificate?
Form AN @ Page 5 wrote:I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation followed by test number
I hope this is not up to the discretion of the Case worker a la the famous Para 7.5g of the BNA
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Jambo is correct:
2.2.3.11 wrote:Applicants who claim that they have passed the “Life in the UK” test in order to obtain ILR, must quote the test pass number on the application form to enable UKBA to check the information on Warehouse. These applicants do not need to resubmit their test pass letter unless you have any doubts about the validity of the information provided.

However, you often find NCS workers asking for the certificate nonetheless.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:52 pm

Now that it is clear, One does not need to re-submit their LITUK Cert for Naturalisation, the only way out I could see to get your Test Certificate number (Where lost) is by requesting a SAR against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.
Skydrives, Templates

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:24 am

ok I agree,

My friend have applied through NCS and they have retain his certificate.

I don't know why .

I will ask him again.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 am

Damanisshallo wrote:Now that it is clear, One does not need to re-submit their LITUK Cert for Naturalisation, the only way out I could see to get your Test Certificate number (Where lost) is by requesting a SAR against a payment of £10 which should have all your records in place. I shall warn you that this SAR can take anything between 40 days to few months. So, the sooner the better.
I would not think SAR is required.

The HO is administrating the test, the HO is keeping the test records, the HO are the ones who saw the test result paper during the ILR. Why would you need to use SAR to ask the HO to send you the record only to send them back to the HO?

In the pre-28-October version of the form, you could have ticked - "I have met the requirement during my settlement application". This still exist on the form but only for the combined LIUK + B1 requirement. I don't see a reason this has changed for the LIUK test only. The fact that they now ask for the test certificate number is just to make it easier for them to locate your file. If you can't locate it, the caseworker should be able to validate your test results himself.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am

So you don’t find any difference between (Older version) "I have met the requirement during my settlement application" and (New Version) “I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation” and further expect the HO to investigate for the test certificate number? Good, this is NEWS to me and many more.
Skydrives, Templates

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:further expect the HO to investigate for the test certificate number?
Annex E wrote: 2.2.3.5 Evidence to be supplied
2.2.3.6 ...
2.2.3.7 Test results are also sent to the UK Border Agency electronically and this information is put onto Warehouse. You must check the applicant has passed the test on Warehouse ...
2.2.3.8 ...
2.2.3.9 ...
2.2.3.10 If an applicant cannot supply the letter because it has been lost, you can accept a Warehouse record as proof they have passed the test.
This is the pre-28 October guidelines. I don't see why this should be changed now.

djc

Post by djc » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Respected gurus having such discussions always makes me go

**Pictureremoved by Moderator**

I have booked The Life in the UK test for next Monday as there seems to be some confusion about it and I do not want to take any chances.

What I am still confused about is whether I require a test for English Proficiency. I was advised to check with the points calculator but my college has closed since I was granted the PSW in 2008 and hence do not expect to find it on any lists. Any further clarification will be greatly appreciated

Thanks