ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ltd company- how to show 55k earning for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arnie365

ltd company- how to show 55k earning for ILR?

Post by arnie365 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I need to show 55k min gross earning for my ILR. I am director of a ltd company. Now this 55k needs to be reflected in my salary slips+dividend vouchers that I pay myself; or it can be shown as earnings in my business bank account?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: ltd company- how to show 55k earning for ILR?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 pm

arnie365 wrote:I need to show 55k min gross earning for my ILR. I am director of a ltd company. Now this 55k needs to be reflected in my salary slips+dividend vouchers that I pay myself; or it can be shown as earnings in my business bank account?
You and your company are two different entities. YOu have to show earnings from your personal account

Spring

Post by Spring » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 am

arnie365 wrote:I need to show 55k min gross earning for my ILR. I am director of a ltd company. Now this 55k needs to be reflected in my salary slips+dividend vouchers that I pay myself; or it can be shown as earnings in my business bank account?
Hi Arnie365,

Regarding earnings that satisfy the PBS, the evidence an applicant can provide will depend on his/her circumstances and how he/she earned the money.

There are various explanations and examples of document combinations in Annex A of the Immigration Directorate Instructions:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

For applicants who chose to keep their earnings within the business/company, please refer to pg 50:

Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure:

If an applicant has worked in a self-employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:

- Business or company accounts that meet statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed;
- and personal/business bank statements.

All the best.

arnie365

Post by arnie365 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 pm

I have read this somewhere
If you are a director and shareholder of your company the most tax efficient mix for 2013/14 is:

Annual salary of £7,696

Dividends of £30,379

This will give you an annual income of £38,075 without any tax or national insurance being incurred by the employer or employee.

Question : Can I pay myself the above figure(£38,075) in salary+dividend to keep tax zero? And show the balance(£55,000 minus £38,075=£16,925) as net profit in my business bank account?