ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switzerland visit visa help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajsin

Switzerland visit visa help

Post by rajsin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello,

I am an Indian national living in the UK on Tier 2 visa valid until Dec 2016.

I want to visit Switzerland in Feb-2014. The purpose of my travel is to meet / stay with my girl friend and her family in Zurich for a week. They are Swiss citizens.

I plan to go there on 20-Feb-2014 and return to UK on 25-Feb-2014

My Questions are,

1. Am i okay to apply Switzerland visa now (Nov-2013) or should i do this a month before my travel date?

2. Where in UK is the Switzerland embassy located and is it mandatory to submit the visa application in person?

3. As i will be staying in my girl friends house, she will have to provide me an invitation letter. Is there a specific format for this letter? can you help me with contents that must be mentioned in this letter.

4. Is there any other document required to compliment the invitation letter such as her bank statements or her passport copies or a health insurance or address proof?

5. Do i have to provide a letters from my employer to apply a Swiss visit visa? If yes, is there anything specific that should be mentioned in the letter from my employer?

6. If my visa application is successful, will i be given visa only for the duration i intend to travel (20-Feb-2014 and return to UK on 25-Feb-2014) or will it be given for a period of 6 months?

7. In case my visa is granted for 6 months, will i be able to re enter Swiss again for 10 days in April 2014 without applying for Swiss visit visa again? (Given that i stayed in Swiss for 6 days in Feb-2014)

Thanks a lot for you help.
RS-77
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-EU/ICT LTS UK (Oct'11)/Married to CH National/Swiss B permit (Feb'14)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks a lot Sheraz7, this link has answered all my questions.
RS-77
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-EU/ICT LTS UK (Oct'11)/Married to CH National/Swiss B permit (Feb'14)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:05 pm

In my experience (of two Swiss Schengen apps!) they generally only give a single-entry visa for the term of the visit first time.

In any case Schengen visa is max. 90 days and you have to wait 90 days before you can re-enter on another.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zoko37
Newly Registered

Post by zoko37 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm

** Sorry to jump into this thread but my query was also the same

Thanks Wanderer, so does that mean one has to wait for 90 days to apply for next schengen visa to visit Switzerland? Will the next one also be a single entry or multiple entry?

If in case one needed multi entry do they have to mention it somewhere when applying the visa ?

Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm

zoko37 wrote:** Sorry to jump into this thread but my query was also the same

Thanks Wanderer, so does that mean one has to wait for 90 days to apply for next schengen visa to visit Switzerland? Will the next one also be a single entry or multiple entry?

If in case one needed multi entry do they have to mention it somewhere when applying the visa ?

Many thanks
Schengen rule is 90 days in every 180, re: single or multi - it's a lottery, we got single first time, think it was for one month - need to check passport, second (From Germany actually) was 90 day multi.

But before the first Swiss visa we had another German one, not sure how long that one was for now but it was multi.

You can ask for multi but if you think about ut you're only showing evidence for an initial single visit so that's all they'll grant first time around - another Schengen vignette in your passport and things are different.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Hi Wanderer,

I understand that multi entry schengen visa is a lottery, but say If i produce 2 flight tickets i.e. one in feb'14 (10 days) and other in May'14 (15 days) along with my visa application form with all other documents and a invitation letter stating that i will be visiting twice and also a multi option selected on the visa application form, will my chances to be granted a multi entry be higher or still can't say?

Thanks

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi sheraz7,

Any idea on the format of the letter i need to produce from my employer for applying schengen visa ? Is there a standard template or anything specific that has to be mentioned?

Sorry i couldn't get this info from the link you had provided earlier.

Thanks,

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:39 am

To whom it may concern

or

To visa section, german embassy.

This is to confirm that MR Nathu Lal is employed by us as door bell operator since 07/01/2011.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

signed

Paddy O'Riley
(Executive Manager)

rlobo
Newly Registered

Re: Switzerland visit visa help

Post by rlobo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone know whether I can travel visa-free to Switzerland based on my relationship with - and possession of a UK residence card 'family memeber of a EEA national'. ? My partner and I are not married, but in a 5 year relationship, based on which I have the UK permit.

I cant seem to find this info anywhere; I'd be very grateful for your help!

Many Thanks

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:42 pm

rlobo wrote:Hi All,

Does anyone know whether I can travel visa-free to Switzerland based on my relationship with - and possession of a UK residence card 'family memeber of a EEA national'. ? My partner and I are not married, but in a 5 year relationship, based on which I have the UK permit.

I cant seem to find this info anywhere; I'd be very grateful for your help!

Many Thanks
Yes you will need a visa. Not being part of the EU/EEA, Switzerland does not implement Directive 2004/38. Question 2 at the following link.

https://www.vfsglobal.ch/switzerland/uk/faq.html

rajsin

Post by rajsin » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:49 pm

Thank you Ayyubi for the template.

I got the schengan visa today, its 3 month multiple entry .. submitted application on 27-Jan and got visa on 31-Jan

As wanderer mentioned multi entry visa is a lottery, but i also discovered that if one has sufficient money in their bank , a one year Europe travel insurance and a letter stating the purpose of multiple entry then the embassy will simply give it.

amilamilla
Newly Registered

Student Visa

Post by amilamilla » Wed May 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello Sir,

I have faced the interview for Student Visa in Colombo, but after interview the visa officer didn't take over my passport and didn't took visa fee from me at that time, therefore i need to know what is the processes after this. Hoping your positive response.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:29 pm

amilamilla wrote:Hello Sir,

I have faced the interview for Student Visa in Colombo, but after interview the visa officer didn't take over my passport and didn't took visa fee from me at that time, therefore i need to know what is the processes after this. Hoping your positive response.

Thanks.
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto a topic that is 3-4 years old.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.