ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help required!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumeetilr
Newly Registered

Urgent Help required!!!

Post by sumeetilr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:25 am

Hello Everyone,

I have booked an ILR appointment for next week, however as i was filling the form there seems to be some confusion about qualifying period. Will appreciate if some once can calrify this so i can reschedule my appointmnet if need be. Mentioned below are the dates

Visa stamped outside the UK - 15th Dec 2008
First Entered the UK - 30th Dec 2008
Visa extended from - 27th January 2012
Current Visa Expires - 27th January 2014
When can i apply for ILR - ?????????

I was also going through the guidelines and saw that the period between (30th Dec 2011 and 27th January 2012 in my case) will not be regarded as a law ful continous period. But my application was with home office anyways so just a bit confused about this as well.

PLEASE give me some advice!!!

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Urgent Help required!!!

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am

sumeetilr wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have booked an ILR appointment for next week, however as i was filling the form there seems to be some confusion about qualifying period. Will appreciate if some once can calrify this so i can reschedule my appointmnet if need be. Mentioned below are the dates

Visa stamped outside the UK - 15th Dec 2008
First Entered the UK - 30th Dec 2008
Visa extended from - 27th January 2012
Current Visa Expires - 27th January 2014
When can i apply for ILR - ?????????

I was also going through the guidelines and saw that the period between (30th Dec 2011 and 27th January 2012 in my case) will not be regarded as a law ful continous period. But my application was with home office anyways so just a bit confused about this as well.

PLEASE give me some advice!!!
You can apply 28 days before 15th December 2013 (assuming you have applied for your in country extension before the expiry of your leave to remain)

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 am

You are fine.

check the below link. Your leave is legal if you apply for extension before your visa expiry.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sumeetilr
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by sumeetilr » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Thank you for the prompt response, yes applied for my extension application was well before the expiry of my Visa.

Let's see how it goes and will post put the results next week.