ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen dependent visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiru_013
Newly Registered

British Citizen dependent visa query

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi Ya,
Can somebody please help me with the below query. I am a british citizen and am getting married to an Indian girl. I was looking at the check list of all the documents I need to apply for a dependent visa. Got confused regarding the english requirement. She has a master's degree in Physics from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Her degree was taught in english and I can see the University in the PBS calculator list of Universities. Is the certificate enough to fulfill english requirement or does she have to go through an IELTS exam. Can you guys please let me know.

Regards,
Tiru.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: British Citizen dependent visa query

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:32 pm

tiru_013 wrote:Hi Ya,
Can somebody please help me with the below query. I am a british citizen and am getting married to an Indian girl. I was looking at the check list of all the documents I need to apply for a dependent visa. Got confused regarding the english requirement. She has a master's degree in Physics from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Her degree was taught in english and I can see the University in the PBS calculator list of Universities. Is the certificate enough to fulfill english requirement or does she have to go through an IELTS exam. Can you guys please let me know.

Regards,
Tiru.
She should apply for a Spouse visa not a dependent visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Assuming you meant spouse leave to enter. See the Guidance here.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks a lot for a quick reply Amber. I can see the university in the points based calculator and got 10 points for it. Hope that is sufficient. Am I correct.

As per in the guidance below.

'How can I check if my degree/PhD meets the criteria for the English language requirement before I make an application?
You can check this using the Points Based Calculator which can be located at the following UK Border Agency web address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
The calculator contains information from UK NARIC as to which academic qualifications they deem to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. When you start using the calculator input any answer you wish until you get to the page on ‘English language’. Then select I have a qualification that was taught in English
On the following page ‘English language – qualifications’
enter the details of your qualification as requested including country of award; qualification; institution or body: course length, course subject and year of award.'

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Yes, 10 points for English Skills and 30 points for Qualification - print out and the certificate should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tiru_013
Newly Registered

Post by tiru_013 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks so much for your valuable time. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Tiru.