ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Observations while applying for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_distressed

Observations while applying for HSMP

Post by hsmp_distressed » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:14 am

Hello Everyone,
Thought I would share some of my observations, things that I have learnt in the last few weeks since I applied for HSMP:
1. I had clearly mentioned in my cover letter that I would like to arrange for a courier, since the documents are very important for me. They have completely ignored that request and sent my documents via AirMail UK on April 14th and I have not yet received the same.
2. I have been trying to ring up several times the Home Office number, but after every 5-6 minutes on hold, the line successfully gets disconnected. This happens 90% of times, and I am reaching the conclusion that there's no problem with the line really. The only time I could get hold of Home Office was yesterday 2:30PM IST. I have tried all slots after 5PM IST, from landline and mobile, but it just does not work.
3. It clearly appears that HSMP folks update information only once a week. Throughout last week I heard that applications upto March 22 are being processed and now I hear this Monday that applications upto March 30 are now being done. Clearly, don't expect to be up to date with the info they give you on phone.
4. Don't ever expect the person taking the call knowing what your HSMP status is. He/She will only tell you if a decision has been made and if documents have been dispatched.

I am waiting anxiously for my documents to arrive. Anyone reading this post has any idea how much time AirMail takes to deliver stuff UK to India? 4-5 days or more?

leoguy

Post by leoguy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:04 pm

Hii there,
These are my observations in the last few weeks since I applied for HSMP:
1. For your 1st problem,i agree there is definetely ,the mistake on part of the HSMP team.

2. I have been calling several times the Home Office number and every time i had absolutely no problem at the recieving end.
i have called 5 times so far and i didnt have a problem.sometimes you will be put in Queue.may be you need to check the UK timings while calling.i usually make calls in between 10 A.M and 4:30 P.M UK time.
I want to add, that the service is quite good.They are very helpful people.Much better than the US embassy.

3.I was in the same position as you are regarding the information update and i think the HSMP team are updating every 3-4 days and defenetely not everyday.

4. and finally yes, He/She will only tell you if a decision has been made and if documents have been dispatched.

even I am waiting anxiously for my documents to arrive.
There are cases which takes almost 3-4 weeks and very few which took upto 3 month(Too bad!) but on an average it should take 1-2 weeks for the docs. to reach India.

Have patience.
Good Luck!

vidya

Post by vidya » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:45 am

hi

my file was returned last week since there was a problem in using my credit card for the payment

but the airmail took only 3 working days to reach bangalore