ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit: doubts

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angemy
Newly Registered

EEA family permit: doubts

Post by Angemy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:26 am

Hi! My name is Angelica, I'm Italian and my husband is Dominican.
Currently we are living in Dominican Republic. In December we will go in Italy to stay, one or two months, with my family.
Then we want to move to UK to find a job.
I know that i don't need a visa to work in UK. I can ask for him a permit (EEA family permit).
We have read a lot about it, but we can't understand this:
Can we apply for it in Italy and then move together in UK? Or must I live in UK to ask a permit for him, and then he can join me in UK?

Thank you for your attention. I appreciate it.

Angelica.

giorgosa
Greece

Re: EEA family permit: doubts

Post by giorgosa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 am

Angemy wrote:Hi! My name is Angelica, I'm Italian and my husband is Dominican.
Currently we are living in Dominican Republic. In December we will go in Italy to stay, one or two months, with my family.
I know that i don't need a visa to work in UK. I can ask for him a permit (EEA family permit).
Can we apply for it in Italy and then move together in UK? Or must I live in UK to ask a permit for him, and then he can join me in UK?

Angelica.
You can apply in Italy for EEA family permit for your husband. Then, when you'll be in the UK you can apply for registration certificates (EEA1 for you, EEA2 for him). Although not necessary, it'll help him find a job.

Angemy
Newly Registered

Post by Angemy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:07 am

giorgosa wrote:
Angemy wrote:Hi! My name is Angelica, I'm Italian and my husband is Dominican.

Angelica.
You can apply in Italy for EEA family permit for your husband. Then, when you'll be in the UK you can apply for registration certificates (EEA1 for you, EEA2 for him). Although not necessary, it'll help him find a job.
Sooooo, just to be sure, we can go in UK together, after we apply for EEA family permit for him?
I want to be sure, to don't have problems in the airport. :D

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 am

Best to bring your marriage certificate to the airport with you (not in your check-in luggage) in case they want to see it but there shouldn't be any problems.

If you search on this forum and Google you will find many examples of other people doing this.

Relax.

frustratedbrit

Post by frustratedbrit » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Angemy wrote:Sooooo, just to be sure, we can go in UK together, after we apply for EEA family permit for him?
I want to be sure, to don't have problems in the airport. :D
He should apply for a Family Permit *before* he comes to the UK. This application can be made at any UK Consulate. So this can be done from the Dominican Republic or Italy. You must either be with him when he travels to the UK or already be in the UK. The choice is yours.