ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pps application for me and non eu parent

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

pps application for me and non eu parent

Post by Hasaan1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:26 am

Anyone please advise how and where in dublin I apply for pps number.
What document s are needed and is there a particular form to complete.

I have letter from hostel of place of stay.

How long does it take to get the pps number and how do they issue.

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:35 pm

See this:
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/so ... umber.html

They're unlikely to issue a PPS number if you don't have evidence of a long-term address. Are you looking for a place to rent? If yes, it's better until you find one.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Hasaan1,

The PPS number is located at, 197/199 Parnell Street, Dublin 1 and opening hours are: 9:30 - 16:00,

For direction click on this link: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/office/i ... treet.aspx

The application form would be given to u at the reception and you have to queue up for your turn, i would suggest to go there early morning. They would be looking for your proof of address i.e. utility bill, bank statement and i don't think they will issue a PPS number on the hostel address however, u can try.

You also need your passport as proof of identity. If u r a non EU citizen, they might ask you for your GNIB card. The PPS number would not be issued on the same day, but you could go the next day and they will give it to you. Alternatively you will receive it after 5 working days on ur given postal address.

In old days the department of social protection was issuing only a letter that contained ur PPS number, but now they will also issue you a card.

Good Luck

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:51 pm

You need to get a letter from some official Irish state agency, sent to you at the hostel. This is your proof of address (a hostel is a respectable address). In other words, the hostel is ok, but a letter from the hostel is not sufficient. You must be able to show that you receive mail at the hostel. So you write to some government department, with an easy question, and when they send back the answer to you at the hostel, their letter is your proof of address (not the letter from the hostel). Revenue is the best department to write to, so simply send them a letter stating 'I wish to request copies of all my personal data that you hold. I make this request under FOI law. My name is X and my date of birth is Y. Please reply to my postal address at ?'. You can send to Revenue by e-mail or by registered post. Revenue must write to you to acknowledge this letter within 21 days, and their letter of acknowledgement is your proof of address. (It sounds stupid and complicated but it works). Your non-EU parent should write the same letter to Revenue, as they willl also need proof of address.

When you get the proof of address from Revenue, you should go with all family members to the pps office.

Each should have a letter from Revenue addressed to them at the hostel as proof of their address.
Each should have a passport - original passport. One family member needs an EU passport.
Each should have a document confirming how they are related to the EU passport holder. So if the holder of the EU passport has his birth certificate, this is proof for his parents that they are related to the EU citizen. Or if the EU citizen has a spouse then the spouse needs the marriage certificate as her proof of relationship.
If the EU citizen has worked in other EU country, he should bring the ID number of that country (eg National Insurance (NI) number for UK, PESEL for Poland...).

The above is the minimum required. Then you apply for the pps number, and they are required by law to take your application, process it and either give the pps number (it is sent in the post a few days later) or give a reason in writing for the refusal of the pps number. So if they refuse verbally to take your application for the pps number, you leave politely and complain that day by email that your lawful application for a pps number was not accepted by the office. You explain in the e-mail that you wish for a formal written decision on the matter, and a verbal refusal to take the application form is not acceptable to you.

You need to do all of the above in the first three months of your time in Ireland, as they can ask for extra documents if you are in Ireland longer than three months.
BL

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

PPS Number

Post by Hasaan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:59 pm

The application for non-EU parent has been refused. The pps office has asked that the passport must have an entry stamp for non-eeu parent. All otrher things seemed acceptable.

Are they corrcet to decline on the basis of no entry stamp.

What are my options. Should I go and get the entry stamp or should I complain.

All feedback apprceciated.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:09 pm

How did you and your parents entered in the country ?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:37 pm

The decision to refuse may be correct, Applicants with entry stamps may not get it either, is there any urgent use for your parents to have PPS numbers now? You don't need to worry about their PPS as they will most likely not be needing it except for making the RC application, which if not submitted will not affect the result of the application, as they will be issued temporary stamp4 which they can use to apply for their PPS.

Get your own PPS which is mostly important, invest your time and effort into exercising your treaty rights every other things will fall into place.

gismanchester

PPS Number

Post by gismanchester » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi Hassan

any luck to get PPS for non Eu dependant parents ?

you can make EU1 application without PPS number, but you might need it for opening your parents bank account or registering PRTB as they required PPS number for both EU and Non EU national.

talkingcure

Post by talkingcure » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Tricky but very helpful

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Hassan, you can send in the application for your mum Stamp4, you should write a letter accompanying the application stating that you will provide them with payslips as soon as they become available, and any other missing documents. Do you have utility bill on your mum's names? you will need to provide proof of residence without it the application may not to be acceptable.