ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed80
Newly Registered

eea family permit

Post by syed80 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:30 pm

hello 2 all,

I am a pakistan national residing in italy with my wife who recently got italian citizenship. We are planning to move to uk.

The confusion with me is that we are expecting our 1st baby in early febraury 2014 and we want to come to uk in the last week of febraury but we want to apply for the eea family pemit now. So before leaving my present job I would like to have eea permit with me and I also have to apply for the italian 5 years residence permit in that time frame.
Is it possible to apply now and travel after the birth of our child? because i saw a question in form vaf5 "any child travelling with you?". when i apply i will not have a child but when i fly i will have our baby with me. so what should i do? (baby would be italian citizen)
Another question is my salary is 900 euros, but here in italy it is common practice of employers to avoid heavey taxes they legalize their employees for just 20/30 hours per month, so i get the payslips according to that which are about 180 euros. i cant proof that m earning 900 euros. does this low earning could make some problem for me?

Many thanks guys for your time and consideration.

Stay blessed :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:47 pm

You can apply now for travel in February. That's not a problem. The FP is valid for 6 months. You can ignore the question about children as well as any questions about your finances or employment (as well as your wife's). All that is needed is both passports, marriage certificate and a letter from your wife saying you both will travel together to move to the UK. The application form has a LOT of questions which are not relevant to this type of visa (basically they just reused a form without adapting it to the EU rules).

syed80
Newly Registered

Post by syed80 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Thank you so much jambo for your prompt reply. Yes you are right, m filling up the form and found the 2 questions very confusing.
1.'how long do u intend to stay in uk'? And in the next line it asks for the date of return. If I write indefinite or 5years how can I give the exact date? Or should it be 3 or 6 months?
2. What is the main purpose of your visit to uk? We are going to live and work there, if I give 3 or 6 months returning date, it does not make sense that my purpose of visit is to work there and on the other hand I am giving them the exact date of return? Could you please help me out in these two questions. Many many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:10 pm

As i said there is no logic in the questions.
I would put 6 months and said the purpose is to settle. Those questions have no affect on the decision (and shouldn't have been there in the first place).

syed80
Newly Registered

Post by syed80 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Jambo wrote:As i said there is no logic in the questions.
I would put 6 months and said the purpose is to settle. Those questions have no affect on the decision (and shouldn't have been there in the first place).
Dear jambo bundle of thanks

Have a good time