ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Questation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

n_jatin
Newly Registered

Work Permit Questation

Post by n_jatin » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:03 pm

Hi,

This is first time I am using forum so please forgive me if any mistake I made.

I came in UK on student visa. I finished my MBA in 2004-05.
While I was student I was working in a Computer Company. After my degree they apply for Training and Work Experience criteria work permit for 2 years.

I got that work permit which is going to finish in May 2007. Now my company wants me to continue to work and they are happy to apply work permit again.

I would like to know is it possible to renew Training and Work Experience criteria work permit to Business and Commercial criteria Work Permit?

If my company need to apply Fresh Business and Commercial criteria Work Permit how long it will take? If my company apply for work permit and if my visa get expires in May, can I still able to work for my company until I haven't got any answer from Home Office?

And last but not lest what are the percentage of success to get Business and Commercial criteria Work Permit?

Many Thanks.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Work Permit Questation

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Hello

If you have been in the UK on a TWES work permit doing work experience, you cannot extend this beyond 2 years in aggregate. You should have a letter that states that you will have to leave the UK for 2 years before you can return on another (TWES or Business and Commercial) work permit.

You are extremely unlikely to get a work permit until you have been out of the UK for at least 80% of the 2 years, or the job is on the shortage occupation list. But in both these cases you should be out of the UK. The guidance states you could get a business and commercial work permit without leaving the UK due to exceptional personal circumstances, but I am sure these have to be extremely exceptional.

See http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

for more info.

Sorry to bring bad news.

:(

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:08 pm

You have an MBA? Why not try HSMP? Where is your MBA from? You should be able to qualify if you went to one of their selected business schools.
Sorry I can't write more....my spelling is failing me!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi there

You should bear in mind though the following, which is from the HSMP guidance at http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... pril07.pdf:

The process for those currently living in the UK under another capacity and who wish to switch into the HSMP provisions – applying
for leave to remain
You may make a HSMP application whilst in the United Kingdom if you are currently here under one of the following categories:
Work Permit holders (which excludes Training and Work Experience and the Sectors Based Scheme);

:)

n_jatin
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by n_jatin » Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 am

Thank you everyone.

You guidens is very help full.

Thank you once again.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu May 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Dear Sakura

Almost all universities in the UK offer MBA program (there are hundred of them), because they make a lot money from it. But only very few are included in the MBA provision for HSMP.

In MBA program all sutdents pay the same fee, there is not such home or inthernatioal fee.

Pantaiema
sakura wrote:You have an MBA? Why not try HSMP? Where is your MBA from? You should be able to qualify if you went to one of their selected business schools.
Sorry I can't write more....my spelling is failing me!

n_jatin
Newly Registered

Post by n_jatin » Fri May 18, 2007 10:57 am

Hi Guyes,

Thanks for your replies.
Please help me with my another probelm. I already creat new topic called HSMP from TWFS.
Your help will be appriciated.

Regards,
jatin