ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neng
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by neng » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:31 am

I'm a Filipino Citizen and got married to a British here in the Philippines last December 2006. I have met my husband last december 2005 through the internet and we sent emails and chatted everyday for about 2 hrs. His first visit was last february 2006 then came back in december for our wedding.
I want to apply for a spouse visa but i have doubt if the ECO would grant it. My husband has got a new job last september 2006. In his one bank statement it shows that he has an overdraft. I asked him about it and he said that the bank charging him unnecessary charge and direct debit of bills to his account which should not be,( water, telephone and gas bills). He moved out from his old house last november but still in his january bank statement it reflects this unnecessary direct debit. He rented a one bedroom house where we could live and he has a job that could support us sufficiently. His net income is more than 300 pounds per week. Is it necessary that I will include his bank statement with overdraft? Can I usehis other bank statement but it has only very little savings? Is it really important to have a big savings before applying for a visa?

I will appreciate very much for any comments...

Thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:48 pm

Is it really important to have a big savings before applying for a visa?
Not necessarily, He should provide bank statements for at least 6 months and the overdrafts won't go against you. But make sure you also provide 6 months payslips and p60 as well.

Goodluck

neng
Newly Registered

Post by neng » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:09 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
Is it really important to have a big savings before applying for a visa?
Not necessarily, He should provide bank statements for at least 6 months and the overdrafts won't go against you. But make sure you also provide 6 months payslips and p60 as well.

Goodluck
Thank you for the information that you have given to me. I appreciate it very much. Yes, I have already his six months payslips. By the way i don't understand what is a p60? Can you tell me about this?
Once again thank you ....

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:46 pm

what is a p60? Can you tell me about this?
Once again thank you ....
Your husband will probably know what P60 is.

neng
Newly Registered

settlement form

Post by neng » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:59 am

Good day!

I have a settlement form(VAF2). There is a question in section 5 about my relationship. it states there when and where did you first meet your sponsor? is it the first we meet personally or the first time when I met him in the internet? Is it " NO " the right answer to the question if I intend to work in the UK?

I appreciate any comments