ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk visa from gambia-does no one get ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scotsgal
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

uk visa from gambia-does no one get ?

Post by scotsgal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:37 pm

does anyone ever actually get a uk visit visa ??
my fiance and i been just turned down this week he has own small business in gambia and will be returning I am beginning to feel no matter how we meet the guidelines they always say NO ..if I go there and marry him also dont feel that will get him a visa anyone with real experience of this please write back
we applied via a visa agent paid her charges along with cost of visa application...we feel hopeless we are genuine couple not scammers but i now feel scammed by the system in gambia

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm

My husband is Jamaican and we decided to go straight for the spouse visa as visitors visas only seem to be issued to children and the elderly in Jamaica!

As standard they may scrutinise your spouse visa a bit more due to being declined the visitor's visa, but if you meet all the requirement there is no reason why they should decline it.

After 5 years of being together, my husband is the finally in the UK, I just waited until I was sure we ticked all the boxes!