ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usapplicant1
Newly Registered

Dual nationality problem

Post by usapplicant1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:56 pm

I am applying for ILR from Tier 1 (General) after one extension. I am a US citizen by birth.

Shortly before submitting my last extension I got a passport for the country where my parents originally are from and have recently moved back to. Visas are painful to get and so because I have heritage it was easier to get a passport so I can visit regularly. I had already submitted my application to the immigration consultant at the time that I got the second passport, and the consultant advised me that as the second nationality was just for purposes of travelling to that country, and because I do not use it to enter or leave the United Kingdom, it would not be an issue.

I'm now applying for ILR and the new consultant has recommended that I submit the second passport along with my application.

I am extremely worried that I will be rejected for ILR because I did not declare the second nationality at the last extension.

Otherwise I am a good candidate, no other issues with earnings, criminal background, etc.

Any thoughts?

usapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by usapplicant1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 pm

I should also clarify - I had already submitted the application to the immigration consultant and she was in the process of booking my PEO appointment, at the time I got the new passport.

So the application was true at the time I filled it out, but circumstances changed between then and the date of my appointment.