ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refusal: Tax Doc earning did not match paystub earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keviv
Newly Registered

HSMP Refusal: Tax Doc earning did not match paystub earning

Post by keviv » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:56 pm

I recieved my HSMP refusal in the mail today.
It was refused because the income from paystubs did not match the income shown in the the tax form.
Moreover the case worker made a mistake in totalling the earnings in all the paystubs submitted for the time period.

The problem is i had a tax deduction that went to a 457 Plan towards retirement savings. Hence that part of the income was excluded from the gross income shown in the tax statement.
But it is income that was earned in 2006. It wasn't included in the tax form because of the peculiar way the numbers on the tax form are calculated.
I did include a statement from my employer explaining all the numbers in the tax form , but apparently that got missed by the case worker.
Aslo this infomation is public knowledge available on most websites that deal with tax.

I am going to ask for a review. My question to you guys is this:
Should i include a photocopy of the statement from employer that explains how the tax statement numbers are calculated ?
This is not NEW evidence, it was something that was already submitted in my original application by the case worker did not look at it.

Any ideas guys ? thanks .

makon

Post by makon » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Can you offer more explanation?
1.) Did the tax clearance cover the entire period claimed?

2.) Was the total earnings on the paystubs enough to give you the points you need for approval?

Also, note that according to HSMP Guidance, any income or allowance not shown on payslips (or paystubs) would not be considered.

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi,
I am about to give my application in a short time. My case is also similar to you. I have my slips which includle non taxable allowance. Since it is not taxable, it does not show up in tax return.
In guidance note, they said case worker look for consistency in the documents. In that case how to prove the information on 2 documents indeed are genuine.
In case if you have applied for review,please share your information with me.

All the best with your review

Thanks

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:29 am

suresh-hsmp wrote:Hi,
I am about to give my application in a short time. My case is also similar to you. I have my slips which includle non taxable allowance. Since it is not taxable, it does not show up in tax return.
In guidance note, they said case worker look for consistency in the documents. In that case how to prove the information on 2 documents indeed are genuine.
In case if you have applied for review,please share your information with me.

All the best with your review

Thanks
Hi Suresh.
We are in the same boat. Any luck with your application? I am really worried about this mismatch. I do receive a tax free allowance and that is not reflected in the p60. In this case what should we do?
Do reply
Cheers
PG

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi hsmp,
I dont know what to do? I sent an email to customer service and have not recieved any reply-- i think they never reply,thats my past experience.
The only thing that I can do is getting letter from tax office and my employer, i dont know whether they accept it or not. Yahh I too frustrated with lack of information.

well, untaxed income should be declared by employer for his company purposes, the only way he can do is on payslips.How come H.O declare the terms of running business? Its ridiculous.Until and unless i do get a confirmation from H.O I decided not to give my application--its just waste of money and time.

makon

Post by makon » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi keviv,

how did your review went?

jaysan
Newly Registered

Is FORM-16 sufficient while applying for HSMP?

Post by jaysan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi Friends,
I have finally gathered all my documents for applying HSMP but I got this doubt in mind so guys pls pls clearify this till that i can't apply for my HSMP.

Doubt - I have Form-16 given by my employer signed by my Finance Manager, is this sufficient for applying for HSMP?
OR
I need the final submission of my income tax in india and need to submit that form.
Please advice ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
JaySan

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:26 am

Form 16 is not acceptable for claiming points under previous earnings.
You need to submit Pay slip, ITR / acknowledgement or Pay slip, bank statement / letter from employer.
For further information kindly read the HSMP guidance or caseworkers manual.

Regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Refusal: Tax Doc earning did not match paystub earn

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:38 pm

keviv

We could trace the reason for rejection if U provide more informtion.
- WHat kind of tax document did U submit,P60 ?
- Is your pension contirbution declared on the pay slip (I fullybelieve that the CW know that the pension contribution is non-taxable income). I am not really convince that if this is the case the CW do not know that it will not match with the tax documents.
- In your pay slip is Tax dedcuted/NI contribution to date (TD) is indicated ?. If you are working in the UK this normally the case.
- How many persen is your pension contribution toward yout salary (2.5 %, 5%, 10 %, 20% etc?).

If U answer that question it will help peope to analyse your case.

keviv wrote:I recieved my HSMP refusal in the mail today.
It was refused because the income from paystubs did not match the income shown in the the tax form.
Moreover the case worker made a mistake in totalling the earnings in all the paystubs submitted for the time period.

The problem is i had a tax deduction that went to a 457 Plan towards retirement savings. Hence that part of the income was excluded from the gross income shown in the tax statement.
But it is income that was earned in 2006. It wasn't included in the tax form because of the peculiar way the numbers on the tax form are calculated.
I did include a statement from my employer explaining all the numbers in the tax form , but apparently that got missed by the case worker.
Aslo this infomation is public knowledge available on most websites that deal with tax.

I am going to ask for a review. My question to you guys is this:
Should i include a photocopy of the statement from employer that explains how the tax statement numbers are calculated ?
This is not NEW evidence, it was something that was already submitted in my original application by the case worker did not look at it.

Any ideas guys ? thanks .
Pantaiema