ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpion_irl
Newly Registered

Spouse of Irish national

Post by scorpion_irl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi guys i am in awkward situation. I was married to an Eu citizen in 2009 and our marriage broke down and we got divorce in early 2013. I currently have stamp4eu fam till January. I am non EU from Pakistan. So I moved on and i fell in love with a girl from my country and we started living together and then got married recently. My wife is Irish national and today i went to GNIB in dublin so i could get a stamp 4.. But i was told that they cant change from stamp4eufam to stamp 4 at the counter. I will need to write to spouse of Irish national department and supply them with all the evidence and divorce papers, so tomorrow i will write to them. But what you guys reckon, what documents will be sufficient and how long will take to get approved and what are the odds? BTW we are both working. thanks guys any advice/opinions will be highly appreciated .Thanks for reading :)

pakistan11

Re: Spouse of Irish national

Post by pakistan11 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 am

hi,ya it's true that u have to contact the Irish spouse dept,tell u one thing they are much better rather than be on counter in GNIB..first you need to write a simple email to them mention your situation .they will write back to you n they will ask what doc they need from you ..I'll say after all doc u send over from that day max it will take two weeks ..

scorpion_irl
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion_irl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00 am

pakistan11 wrote:hi,ya it's true that u have to contact the Irish spouse dept,tell u one thing they are much better rather than be on counter in GNIB..first you need to write a simple email to them mention your situation .they will write back to you n they will ask what doc they need from you ..I'll say after all doc u send over from that day max it will take two weeks ..
Ok i will send them email,any idea how fast they reply to emails?

pakistan11

Post by pakistan11 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:12 pm

Almost the same day but if not def next day ...

scorpion_irl
Newly Registered

Post by scorpion_irl » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:14 pm

pakistan11 wrote:Almost the same day but if not def next day ...
hi there if any body could help that would be great. I sent Spouse of irish national unit all my docs which were delivered on 21/11/2013 but so far i haven't received any reply from them. how long will it take for them and whats the approval time? thanks for reading guys any reply would be appreciated

loverboy2
Newly Registered

Post by loverboy2 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi , I have read your case.their time frame is from 1 to 2 months . As you are divorce and were on stamp4 eufam so they might be taking long on contacting with eu rights section about your previous record.and one more thing when you got divorce did you apply for retention of rights on form eu 5 or did u got straight away married.but dont worry bro.hopefully you will get inshallah