ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa status & ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ms_singh

Dependant visa status & ILR application

Post by ms_singh » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm

I recently received my ILR in May 2013. Previously, I was under Tier 1 General visa from June 2010 to May 2013 & under work permit from Jan 2008.

My wife entered UK under Tier 1 dependant visa from July 2011, extended dependant visa in May 2012 and is valid until June 2015.

She could not apply for ILR in July 2013 due to lack of some documentation proof and I proceeded with my ILR application in May 2013.

My queries are:

1) Is it OK for her to remain on the Tier 1 General dependant visa ( valid until June 2015) even after my ILR?
2) If not, then does she need to apply for Further leave to remain under spouse visa for settled person ?
3) If her current visa status is OK, she will be able to apply for ILR with documentation by April 2014 after completion of 2 years. Can she apply straight for ILR or does she need to change her visa category? What form she needs to use when applying for ILR - SET (O) or SET(M) ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Indeed, your spouse can continue as a PBS dep as you were granted ILR as a PBS applicant, no further leave is required, for settlement she should complete SET(O) before her current leave expires. B1 English and LIUK required for KoLL.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Thank you. Just one further query, is it possible to obtain premium same day service appointment for only dependant ILR application and do the main applicant need to be available with the dependant during the application ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Yes SET(O) can be applied for on a same day PEO.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.