ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kowledge of language for British Citizen's spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rain

Kowledge of language for British Citizen's spouse

Post by Rain » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi
I am a British Citizen.My Pakistani wife has ILR from 4 years.She has passed Life in the UK test.Does she need English Language Qualification of B1 or above to apply for naturalisation.Or she is exempt being spouse of BC?New rules came in after 28th October, 2013.

Thanks

"You can demonstrate your knowledge of language and life in the UK in three ways:
Passing the Life in the UK test, and either
having a qualification in English at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which includes assessment of speaking and listening, or
being a national of an English-speaking country"

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Kowledge of language for British Citizen's spouse

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Rain wrote:Hi
I am a British Citizen.My Pakistani wife has ILR from 4 years.She has passed Life in the UK test.Does she need English Language Qualification of B1 or above to apply for naturalisation.Or

she is exempt being spouse of BC?

AFAIK, No such clause exists

New rules came in after 28th October, 2013.

Thanks

"You can demonstrate your knowledge of language and life in the UK in three ways:
Passing the Life in the UK test, and either
having a qualification in English at B1 level or above of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which includes assessment of speaking and listening, or
being a national of an English-speaking country"

Further guidance on new B1 English Requirement
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates