ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1(general) Extension waiting for the result for 20 month

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joojoo
Newly Registered

TIER1(general) Extension waiting for the result for 20 month

Post by joojoo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for my TIER1 extension before 20 months and still has not got any reply from the immigration. I have sent so many emails and letters to the immigration but they said that some application do take long time than others. I contacted my Member of parliament and she sent emails 3 times and same reply to them .

The only incident happened was that I have applied my VISA one week later after it was expired but I showed them the proof that I was not feeling well at that time. I was to a medical test on the day before my visa expired.

Before a month, my lawyer has sent a letter to the PAP(Pre Action Protocol) department but even they have not replied yet. I intend to go the judicial review but I was advised not to go because it may take atleast 6 months to finish now a days. I am in a position to get married as soon as I can and I cant wait for another 6 months because then the marriage may get cancelled. My documents are genuine. I really dont know why they are taking so long and I never heard any cases like mine.

I really dont know who to contact now or what to do? can someone please advise ? I am in a terrible situation.

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 General (2nd Extn)
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 06 March 2012
3. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
4. Date application posted: 13 March 2012
5. Date application received at UKBA: 14 March 2012
6. Date payment debited: 29 March 2012
7. Payment mode : Debit card
8. Acknowledgement letter received: 23 March 2012
9. Biometric letter received: 04 April 2012
10. Date of biometrics enrolment:06 April 2012
11. Date of approval:waiting
12. Date of return of passport and other documents: waiting
13. Employment Type : salaried

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 am

Hi,

I understand your frustration.

First of all, you haven't received an outcome, so how exactly do you plan on going for a Judicial review?

What exactly do you mean by
I am in a position to get married as soon as I can and I cant wait for another 6 months because then the marriage may get cancelled
and what bearing does this have on your outstanding application?

You should continue to put constant pressure on your MP to ensure that they are genuinely chasing the case. 20 months and only 3 emails is definitely not enough pressure.

What else has your lawyer suggested?
Regards

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:10 pm

there is no legitimate reason of any kind for this -- there aren't any checks or verifications in their procedure, that would take this long. they simply do not exist.

most likely - and i am sorry to say this -- they have probably just misplaced the case and do not want to acknowledge it.

read this -- this is from hearings in parliament yesterday.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 1959000003

who is your MP?

joojoo
Newly Registered

I heard the judicial takes 6 to 7 months to finish

Post by joojoo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Hi,

I understand your frustration.

First of all, you haven't received an outcome, so how exactly do you plan on going for a Judicial review?

What exactly do you mean by
I am in a position to get married as soon as I can and I cant wait for another 6 months because then the marriage may get cancelled
and what bearing does this have on your outstanding application?

You should continue to put constant pressure on your MP to ensure that they are genuinely chasing the case. 20 months and only 3 emails is definitely not enough pressure.

What else has your lawyer suggested?
Hello, Thanks for your reply.I plan to go to the court for delaying my process but my lawyer himself told me not to go because now a days, it takes nearly 6 to 7 months to get the case finished. My fiancee's family already warned me if I am not coming soon then they will cancel the marriage. Everyone back home think that I am delaying the process to save money for the marriage.

I have applied for the PRE-Action Protocol on 10th of october. they should have replied by 14 days but even they didn't care to reply yet.

When my MP contacted them last time, the immigration replied him saying that because I have applied for the Pre-Action Protocol(PAP), they can't comment anymore. Now I don't know who I need to ask? I imagine because I went to the PAP, the immigration holding the case as it is, just waiting for me to file a case on them!!!!

I have even emailed Theresa May and they clearly told me that I need to email Immigration where I am not getting any response for 20 months!

joojoo
Newly Registered

Post by joojoo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:13 pm

sagareva wrote:there is no legitimate reason of any kind for this -- there aren't any checks or verifications in their procedure, that would take this long. they simply do not exist.

most likely - and i am sorry to say this -- they have probably just misplaced the case and do not want to acknowledge it.

read this -- this is from hearings in parliament yesterday.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 1959000003

who is your MP?
Hello, Thanks for that file which is really helpful. I am from Newcastle and the MP is Chi Onwurah. They have been really helpful but the immigration is saying some reason not to tell them reason for the delay. I am going to show them what you sent me. thanks a lot. please read my previous reply to someone else to understand what i have done so far. Thanks a lot for your help.

Please let me know if there is anything, makes it better. Everyday counting my future life now. If you know about PAP please let me know!!!