ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

English Language Test for ILR

Post by samira_uk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 am

Hi,

As I said from the beginning, according to immigration rules there is no need for Tier 1 General migrants to do another English Language test for ILR.

Here is the correspondences that I made with Home Office and confirmed my standing:

Dear Ms Babaee

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement that came in to force on 28th October 2013.

Applications for settlement in the UK must be supported by evidence that the applicant:

has passed the Life in the UK test; AND

· has an English language speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 or higher on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or an equivalent level qualification

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

Those who achieved a language qualification in English at B1 or higher in a previous application can rely on this same qualification to demonstrate the language ability for settlement purposes. Applicants should submit a copy of this language certificate with their application.

When completing the application form applicants should indicate that you have an English language speaking and listening qualification.

Applicants will also need to show that they have passed the life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Mrs C Richards

Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit

Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP

And today they confirmed:
Dear Ms Babaee,

I can confirm that for settlement, the validity date on a pass certificate is not significant, as we are looking to see that the applicant has passed an English language speaking and listening qualification (or one that includes speaking and listening), to level B1 CEFR. As stated, we would not require them to take a further test.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Regards

Ann

Ann Woodall | Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy & Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Blue Zone, 5th Floor, The Capital | Liverpool | L39PP

appsmaje
Newly Registered

Post by appsmaje » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 pm

what is this language certificate we can provide?
Applicants should submit a copy of this language certificate with their application.
I mean for tier 1, we didn't have to provide language certification.
For my case, I only had a degree certificate and a UK NARIC equivalence certificate.

Thanks