ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR language qualification query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anndeep

ILR language qualification query

Post by Anndeep » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello, I have a PhD from University of Sussex, UK in 2009. Will that be sufficient when I apply for ILR (currently on Tier 1 G).

Is it part of one of these language qualifications:
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test
(SELT) list;
• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening
which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must
be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern
Ireland;
• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6,
awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Yes it will suffice in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.