ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tourist visa extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

antran
Newly Registered

tourist visa extension

Post by antran » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:58 pm

hi, where do i get my tourist visa extended for another 6 months in london. i hold a US passport and it will expire in 2 weeks time, any informations is apppreciated. thank you

andy

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: tourist visa extension

Post by Wanderer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:09 pm

antran wrote:hi, where do i get my tourist visa extended for another 6 months in london. i hold a US passport and it will expire in 2 weeks time, any informations is apppreciated. thank you

andy
Impossible. You'll need to leave the UK and re-enter, assuming you have a tourist visa-waiver and not a formal visa. If you have a formal visa from a UK Consulate you'll need to apply for another at a UK Consulate.

And be prepared to be questioned if you hop out and hop in again, tourist visas are not settlement visas and ur gonna be in a spot of bother if attempt this.

darksquid

Post by darksquid » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:27 pm

Hi, I just want to add that as a rule, visitors must not spend more than 6 months in the UK in any 12 months. The rules are clear on this. You must leave the UK, and not return for another 6 months. You will not get an extension except under the most extreme grounds...hospitalisation probably being the only one.

If you exit the UK and attempt to re-enter immediately in order to get another 6 months stamp, it is highly highly unlikely you will be allowed in. Some people may do this successfully, but it will appear that you are attempting to settle, and will most likely be sent back on the next plane with a black mark on your passport.

I would suggest you leave when your stamp expires and if you value you ability to return to the UK, don't try to be sneaky!

You can always apply for a visitors visa from the States, which will be valid for multiple entries over a period of time. But again, the limit is 6 months in any one year.
Fixer of Old Stuff