ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New KoLL & NARIC , Contradiction or Confusion , Please h

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rain

New KoLL & NARIC , Contradiction or Confusion , Please h

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi all
My wife will be applying for BC soon. She has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Pakistan, taught in English. We have NARIC compatibility certificate which certifies its equivalence to UK Bachelor's however it doesn't say anything about Medium of teaching was English. Do we need to apply for NARIC's English Language Assessment ? UKBA website says YES and NO. Please help , what should we do

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... endixkoll/

PART 2 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE
Its 2.2 (a) (iv) says we need NARIC Language Assessment and (v) says we don't.
iv) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, and

(1) provides the specified documentary evidence to show he has the qualification, and

(2) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
And
v) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, and provides the specified evidence to show:

(1) he has the qualification, and
(2) that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or.
Regards :D

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 am

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

kzee
Newly Registered

Re: New KoLL & NARIC , Contradiction or Confusion , Please h

Post by kzee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 am

Rain wrote:Hi all
My wife will be applying for BC soon. She has a Mechanical Engineering degree from Pakistan, taught in English. We have NARIC compatibility certificate which certifies its equivalence to UK Bachelor's however it doesn't say anything about Medium of teaching was English. Do we need to apply for NARIC's English Language Assessment ? UKBA website says YES and NO. Please help , what should we do

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... endixkoll/

PART 2 - KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE
Its 2.2 (a) (iv) says we need NARIC Language Assessment and (v) says we don't.
iv) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, and

(1) provides the specified documentary evidence to show he has the qualification, and

(2) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
And
v) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, and provides the specified evidence to show:

(1) he has the qualification, and
(2) that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or.
Regards :D
Hi Rain,
I am almost in the same situation. My degree was recognized as taught in English when I applied for my hsmp and so on but just to be on safe side, I got UKNARIC degree equivalence letter at the time of my first extension.

Can you pls tell me what did you do to apply your wife's citizenship? Did you get UKNARIC medium of instruction certificate or your wife had to get a B1 qualification?

Thanks

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Guys,

The naturalisation form clearly states you need a uk naric comparability statement and in addition and one of the below
1. Uk naric has confirmed qualification was taught in English
2. Exempt as a result of degree obtained in a English speaking country

It doesn't matter wht English level you obtain in a uk naric English assessment as they only need a confirmation that the degree was taught in English.

Hope this helps.
Ps: the eng assesment certificate I got from uk naric states the degree was taught in English but they cannot confirm it meets c1 level and above.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:26 am

Hello,

I've never had my Degree endorsed by UK NARIC although it was required from all the way I applied for HSMP (2007), Transition to Tier 1 (General) in 2009 or when I had my Residency in 2012.

Instead I had a letter from my University to confirm that the Degree was taught in English medium and I had produced the same letter (issued in 2007) again and again with all my applications to date.

Now I've decided to apply for my UKC, the information given in the Application Form and the kol-uk guidelines are quite contradictory.

When I applied for my LTR and PR, there was a statement to tick, something like "I have proved my English language skills as part of HSMP/Tier 1/Previous LTR, etc". However, I don't see this kind of statement to tick in the latest AN form issued Oct 2013.

Has anyone followed the same steps in the past, but still had to get the UK NARIC certified your Degree?

I am going to call the UKBA/Home Office and find out for sure. When I have an answer I will post here.

Thanks.

PS: This is a real pain in the (you know what), when someone leave the office in Home Office, all these things changes.

kahn

Post by kahn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:02 pm

dsbos wrote:Hello,

I've never had my Degree endorsed by UK NARIC although it was required from all the way I applied for HSMP (2007), Transition to Tier 1 (General) in 2009 or when I had my Residency in 2012.

Instead I had a letter from my University to confirm that the Degree was taught in English medium and I had produced the same letter (issued in 2007) again and again with all my applications to date.

Now I've decided to apply for my UKC, the information given in the Application Form and the kol-uk guidelines are quite contradictory.

When I applied for my LTR and PR, there was a statement to tick, something like "I have proved my English language skills as part of HSMP/Tier 1/Previous LTR, etc". However, I don't see this kind of statement to tick in the latest AN form issued Oct 2013.

Has anyone followed the same steps in the past, but still had to get the UK NARIC certified your Degree?

I am going to call the UKBA/Home Office and find out for sure. When I have an answer I will post here.

Thanks.

PS: This is a real pain in the (you know what), when someone leave the office in Home Office, all these things changes.
It is rather very helpful to read replies in preceding posts particularly of 2 Jan 2014 from HSMPLOCHA in order to understand what is actually prescribed for present application of Naturalization under the relevant law, the British Nationality Act, and not what Immigration Rules required for entry/leave applications eg LTR .

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Kahn, thanks.

If the point is all about the degree was taught in English. Why they want to have that validated by a third-party. Are the UKBA/HO not trust what they accepted themselves few years ago?

Why do we have to go through a new chain of pain again and again when you got to move to the next level of settling.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:51 pm

kahn wrote:It is rather very helpful to read replies in preceding posts particularly of 2 Jan 2014 from HSMPLOCHA in order to understand what is actually prescribed for present application of Naturalization under the relevant law, the British Nationality Act, and not what Immigration Rules required for entry/leave applications eg LTR .
I am not questioning the law here. My point is, it's the same me applying for settlement on the basis my skills were accepted in early stages, which I have met the requirement in those stages.

Why would someone want to test my skills or looking for an assurance when the same was tested & assured at early stages?

I can smell money !

I don't let this go without a fight !

tycouk

Post by tycouk » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Hello All,
I am also going to apply for naturalisation, I got my points based Tier in 2009 at that time I got a letter from the UKBA as this application done through solicitor that i got the points and also have met English language criteria i mean they had awarded the points.
is this letter is sufficient to apply. My Bachelor degree is from India, and my masters is from German university and the language taught was English.

Regards