ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

baber2013
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Post by baber2013 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi,
I am a doctor holding a tier 2 visa and have been loccuming (extra shifts) through a limited company that I set up. I did not know that owning a limited company was not allowed under my visa but have just learnt that this is not permitted. Can someone guide me as to what I should do to fix this as in should I contact UKBA myself saying I made this mistake, close the limited company etc. I am very concerned this may impact my application for ILR which I plan to do in 2015.
Please advice

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 General and owning a limited company

Post by manci » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:00 am

baber2013 wrote:I am a doctor holding a tier 2 visa and have been loccuming (extra shifts) through a limited company that I set up. I did not know that owning a limited company was not allowed under my visa but have just learnt that this is not permitted.

What is the reference for saying that owning a limited company is not allowed by a T2 migrant?

Under T2 you are allowed to engage in supplementary employment as a doctor up to 20 hrs/week.

The definition of employment in the Immigration Rules is:
"employment" unless the contrary intention appears, includes paid and unpaid employment, paid and unpaid work placements undertaken as part of a course or period of study, self employment and engaging in business or any professional activity.

awezome
Newly Registered

Similar situation

Post by awezome » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm on Tier2 gen visa, sponsored by an umbrella company. Have been offered a weekend (contracting) role by another company. Do I have to work on this weekend job through my sponsor, or can I setup my limited company and bill through it ?

Any advise would be highly appreciated.