ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in the uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Child born in the uk

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:52 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for ILR in march 2014, and i got 2 year old son who is born in uk, my questions are...

1.Do i need to apply him for ILR as well with my application or can i apply direct citizenship later after i get ILR?
2. My son is having indian passport and he got visa as well untill march 14, so will this visa will be a problem if we apply him citizenship without ILR?

I have read all the previous question and answers about child born in uk, but still i am bit confused and need help.

It will be a great help if any one clear my doubt, will be waiting for your reply.

Regards
David

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:04 am

Hi

As long as your son is born in UK, you need not to include him to your ILR application once you got your ILR done.
You can apply for him using MN1"Application for registration of a child under
18 as a British citizen". Indian passport and visa has no issue at all.

Regards
Saini

prda
Newly Registered

Child born in Uk

Post by prda » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 am

Hi David,

You do not need to apply ILR for your child born in UK. You can apply for his Citizenship once you get your ILR approved does not matter if the his visa expires[current immigration status does not matter]. Be mindful that it is time taking process so be prepared not to travel with child for 5 to 6 months after your ILR.

I was in the same situation as you and I got my ILR recently [me and wife only]. I did not apply for my daughter and now I am in the process for my child.

The registration as citizen alone is costing £673 why waste another £1000 odd pounds for ILR it certainly does not make sence.

All the best.
Praveen.

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:24 am

Thank you saini and praveen.

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Praveen, what you mean not to travel 5 to 6 months?

Is it after i get my ILR?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child born in the uk

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 pm

davidvelpula wrote:Hi,

I am applying for ILR with my wife and two kids. My younger son is born in UK and i have learnt from the previous posts that I do not need to apply for the ILR for my 2nd son as he is born in UK but can apply for the Citizenship once we get our ILR.

Now my question is: On the application form we will need to give the details of the dependents - do i need to give the details of my younger son? if so how will the home office consider it? What kind of documents will suffice ?

Please advice.

David
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 pm

You just omit the child from the application and if asked explain s(he) is going to be registered under section 1(3) BNA for which the child has entitlement to upon you being granted settlement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:08 pm

davidvelpula wrote:thank you Amber.

I need suggestion on my above query. As i mentioned on my question previously , we are applying for ILR and for my younger son who is born in UK and have Indian passport - how i need to proceed for his citizenship? Please can you clarify on what is difference between MN1 registration and British passport? Do i need to apply for both? I am lot confused and your response is much appreciated.
David

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:10 pm

A section 1(3) application for registration should be made on form MN1, once either parent has been granted ILR, once the registration certificate has been granted, you can apply for a British Passport.