ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for UK website

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KenAlgar

Visa for UK website

Post by KenAlgar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm

I am filling the form for my wife coming from Ghana
Application is for settlement - wife.
The section marked sponsor details asks the question "what is your relationship to your sponsor"
The drop down list provides answers like father, brother, aunt etc but does not include Husband or Wife.
So I have checked "other relative" since it cannot be left blank and intend to mention that Husband is sponsor in additional comments at the end of the form.
I find this a little confusing, surely Husband is also sponsor in the case of spouse visa application.
Any comments welcome.

Amber please dont move this to my other thread as it is a new topic please
As it wont get any attention in my thread on dependent children, thank you

KenAlgar

Visa for UK

Post by KenAlgar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:27 pm

I should make clear that the form is the online only visa for UK as required by UKBA.
I think it replaces form VAF4a (personal details) to an online version.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 pm

I have seen similar comments on other forums. It seems that the only way to enter the information is to do as you have done, choose 'other relative' and then in the space for extra information put that the sponsor is husband or wife. I am sure the form will be corrected soon.

KenAlgar

Visa for UK

Post by KenAlgar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks a lot
Just needed confirmation i wasn't making some gross error
Thank you :D