ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visit Visa: Sister Refused but Parents issued visa!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

almukhtar
Newly Registered

General Visit Visa: Sister Refused but Parents issued visa!

Post by almukhtar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Hello everyone,
Thank you for reading this. I hope I can get some advice on this.

Recently, my parents and sister applied for a general visit visa on 12-NOV-2013. I am on a PSW Tier One visa working full time. I provided a travel plan, accommodation sponsorship, booked hotel and air tickets for them. My parents are working and have enough savings and salary. My sister was sponsored financially by parents with two fixed deposits which were withdrawn and deposited in her savings account on 15/07/2013. My parents got the visa pretty quickly but my sister didn't. A copy of the refusal letter text is appended below.

--------------------------------------
You have indicated on your application form that you are unemployed and financially reliant on your parents. I note that they have been issued visas and their circumstances accepted as being sufficient to meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules. However, it is the individual’s intentions that are paramount. You have no studies, employment or income to return to. You have shown a savings account but I note that a significant portion of these monies was deposited on 15/07/2013 and I cannot discern the sources of these monies. This causes me to doubt that these monies are genuinely available to you. Furthermore, you have no property, assets or ties to India; you are unmarried with no dependents. Given all the above, I am not satisfied that you have evidenced strong family, social or economic ties to your country of origin to demonstrate that you intend to leave United Kingdom on completion of a short visit. This means that, on the evidence before me, and the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented tour circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter UK. This means that I am not satisfied that only a short visit is intended, or that you will leave the UK at the end of the period stated. 41(i)(ii)

I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities that you meet all the requirements of the relevant Paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.
-------------------------------------------------------------

They want to come for holidays over the new year. But now as my sister didn't get the visa, it has ruined the whole plan.

What is a possible way out now? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 am

Well - your only option is to reapply.

So you have to deal with the reasons for refusal (or it'll just be refused again).

Therefore you have to show her reasons to return and you have to explain the deposit of the money.

M.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am

How old is your sister and what was the need of transferring a large amount of money to her account?

Was she not meant to travel together with your parents?
Regards

almukhtar
Newly Registered

Post by almukhtar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm

What can I possibly explain?

Everything was true in the original application!

She is just coming for a holiday with parents.

The money was actually a fixed deposit in her name so it had to go to her account on maturity!

What should I do now to increase her chances of getting a visa?

I appreciate your help.
Last edited by almukhtar on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 pm

key question still remains:
thebionicredneck2003 wrote:How old is your sister and what was the need of transferring a large amount of money to her account?
...?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

almukhtar
Newly Registered

Post by almukhtar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:45 pm

My apologies.

She is 27 and as I explained earlier, the funds were actually a fixed deposit which matured and were then transferred to her account on maturity.