ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain Cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

majumdar.anamitra7

Indefinite Leave to Remain Cohabitation documents

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 (ICT) and my wife is on Tier 2(ICT) dependent. I will completing 5 years on Aug 2014.

As per Section 11 of SET(O) form :

''If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.''

Below are my queries:

1) My current permission to stay was granted on July 2013. Does this mean I need to submit cohabitation documents from July 2013 - August 2014(date of applying ILR)?

2) Will the below docs suffice as cohabitation docs:

Council Tax Bill 2013/2014 (BOTH on my and my wife's name)
Bank statements (BOTH on my and my wife's name)
Tenancy Agreement (bearing only my name) + Tenancy extension letter (bearing both my and my wife's name)
NHS card for me and my wife.(This card was provided in Nov 2010).
A letter from GP confirming our address and date of registration.
My payslips for the cohabitation period.
My wife's payslips for the cohabitation period.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 am

Can some senior member please reply. It will be of great help

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain Cohabitation documents

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:21 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 (ICT) and my wife is on Tier 2(ICT) dependent. I will completing 5 years on Aug 2014.

As per Section 11 of SET(O) form :

''If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.''

Below are my queries:

1) My current permission to stay was granted on July 2013. Does this mean I need to submit cohabitation documents from July 2013 - August 2014(date of applying ILR)?
No - you have to provide documents covering 2 years going backwards from the date of application. The general rule is to provide at least 6 letters from at least 3 different sources.

2) Will the below docs suffice as cohabitation docs:

Council Tax Bill 2013/2014 (BOTH on my and my wife's name)
Bank statements (BOTH on my and my wife's name)
Tenancy Agreement (bearing only my name) + Tenancy extension letter (bearing both my and my wife's name)
NHS card for me and my wife.(This card was provided in Nov 2010).
A letter from GP confirming our address and date of registration.
My payslips for the cohabitation period.
My wife's payslips for the cohabitation period.

These will probably be ok but I would certainly try to include more letters dated on individual dates (more utility bills, promotion letters, etc) instead of documents as in NHS card or payslips. This is my personal opinion.
Also remember that ideally there should be no big gaps between the document dates you are providing.

majumdar.anamitra7

Post by majumdar.anamitra7 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi Shahid,

More documents I can get is as below :

a) Electricity Pay as You Go Annual statement (dated Dec 2012) on my wife's name.
b) Electricity Pay as You Go Annual statement (dated Dec 2013) on my wife's name.
c) Council Tax Bill on joint names(2014/2015) on both names.
d) A letter from the Ekectoral register confirming that we both are regsitered at this address since 2010. (The dates on this letter will be few days before my application)
f) A letter from GP confirming that we both are registered at this address in 2010 (The dates on this letter will be few days before my application)
g) Sky Bills spreading from 8th July 2013 - July 2014 on my name.

Will this be sufficient now. This is the max I can get as of now.Can you please help

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:24 pm

majumdar.anamitra7 wrote:Hi Shahid,

More documents I can get is as below :

a) Electricity Pay as You Go Annual statement (dated Dec 2012) on my wife's name.
b) Electricity Pay as You Go Annual statement (dated Dec 2013) on my wife's name.
c) Council Tax Bill on joint names(2014/2015) on both names.
d) A letter from the Ekectoral register confirming that we both are regsitered at this address since 2010. (The dates on this letter will be few days before my application)
f) A letter from GP confirming that we both are registered at this address in 2010 (The dates on this letter will be few days before my application)
g) Sky Bills spreading from 8th July 2013 - July 2014 on my name.

Will this be sufficient now. This is the max I can get as of now.Can you please help
Yes I think if you combine these with the ones you mentioned earlier then I am sure you will be covered. For SET(O) they are not very strict on this requirement so you should be ok now.