ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General-Maintenance Funds- where the balance went down

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavanprakash
Newly Registered

Tier1 General-Maintenance Funds- where the balance went down

Post by pavanprakash » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello,

Thanks for you time in reading my post. I am in a very tricky situation which could be a rare one. I am into my 3rd extention and in the 90 day period for maintenance funds which should complete on 30 Nov. Yesterday i realised in the morning a direct debit had went through and brought my balance to 1347 where the qualifiable balance had to be 2100 (incl 2 dependants). I put the money back again which was reflected in the next transaction. Now my question is if Home Office considers end of day balance or they would not consider even if anytime during the tenure the balance has gone down below 2100?

Hope i have made my situation clear here. I would like to know if any of you have come accross this situation and if there is a possibility of my application getting rejected because of this.

Any response in this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your response.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier1 General-Maintenance Funds- where the balance went

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 pm

pavanprakash wrote:Hello,

Thanks for you time in reading my post. I am in a very tricky situation which could be a rare one. I am into my 3rd extention and in the 90 day period for maintenance funds which should complete on 30 Nov. Yesterday i realised in the morning a direct debit had went through and brought my balance to 1347 where the qualifiable balance had to be 2100 (incl 2 dependants). I put the money back again which was reflected in the next transaction. Now my question is if Home Office considers end of day balance or they would not consider even if anytime during the tenure the balance has gone down below 2100?

Hope i have made my situation clear here. I would like to know if any of you have come accross this situation and if there is a possibility of my application getting rejected because of this.

See this for more info. This Guidance is not an updated one but can you give a good idea on how things works.

pavanprakash
Newly Registered

Post by pavanprakash » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks a lot Tahir for your response, yes it is helpful. But any chance anyone have come across a similiar situation or heard of anything similiar.

Thanks

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

pavanprakash wrote:Thanks a lot Tahir for your response, yes it is helpful. But any chance anyone have come across a similiar situation or heard of anything similiar.

Thanks
I do not think that you should worry about this. If your bank statements list end of day balance then you should be fine. Atleast Barclays bank list end of day balance.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:33 pm

I agree. I have used statements where the balance in question was end of day balance, and others did too. Most banks would, when issuing a statement, post first credits for the day and then debits. But not all. So it depends on what your statement says and whether or not it tabulates transactions only at the end of day (most banks will do it on monthly statemnet, but if you are print it out fro the internet, it may come out with balance after every transaction. Very much depends on which bank. And also, wait until tomorrow and see in which order transactions actually posted.

Ran77
Newly Registered

Post by Ran77 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:42 pm

[quote="tahirnaveed"][quote="pavanprakash"]Hello,

Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation as you are right now. Even the dates for funds maintenance for me are until Nov 30th. My balance went down from 2150 to 1700 due to a direct debit and i immediately topped it up in the next hour. My bank is Halifax and so the account statement shows the balance after every transaction. But the top up i did shows towards the end of the day . So i'm ok with a closing day balance perspective.

I did hire a consultant from FirstImmigration for half hour today afternoon and he explained that Paragraph 162 in the Tier 1 policy guidelines cleraly states this[b] : "Where you are providing evidence of
maintenance from a single account, we will
always assess the funds available to you from
the closing balance given on the document
provided. "[/b]

I think we should be ok but i still have my doubts. My PEO appointment is on Dec 14th 2013. Let me know if you have more information. BTW, when is your appointment? or are you going by post?

pavanprakash
Newly Registered

Post by pavanprakash » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 am

Thanks Ran,

Wow thats interesting to hear that someone else are in the same boat as i am and i hope we will find the right destination :). Well no thats great to hear mate, i have also asked few solictors they have said the same thing. So lets be possitive and hope everything works fine. What i was also considering is showing a foreign currency account (ukba recognised in india) which has about 2000£ for more than 6 months as an additional proof. Hope i should be covered in all directions!

Well i am sending it by post mate, good luck on your appointment. Please do let me know how it went on as it would give me enough confidence please.

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:25 am

If you have any other bank account with funds, why don't you just include them with your application? This will make you feel more at ease and will mean that you have covered off all bases.

Good luck
Regards

pavanprakash
Newly Registered

Post by pavanprakash » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:17 am

well thats the plan at the moment, i guess i am in a much better situation than i was before! Thanks a lot for your help guys. I will update the post once i recieve my visa. Submitting the docs through end of this week.

Ran77
Newly Registered

Post by Ran77 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 pm

All, good news!!! My visa was approved this morning with no questions asked (despite the intraday dip in the maintained funds). I did NOT add any other bank statements.

Pawan, You should be in much better position having included your indian account as well.

Good luck!