ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

certificate of residence carrying strange indication

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knitter
Newly Registered

certificate of residence carrying strange indication

Post by knitter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi all again,

I would like to ask if anyone else has received their Certificate of Residence carrying a strange indication, considered their nationality.

This certificate has been issued for an Italian citizen, but at the back it says, in print:

"If found, this document should be returned to: Bulgarian and Romanian caseworking, Immigration and Nationality". An address follows.

But luckily in the main document page the right nationality, Italian, is clearly reported.
I guess thay just had run out of blue cards and they used this one, but it did worry me a tad when I first saw it. For a moment I thought it might be a case of mistaken nationality :)

Does anyone else have a similar strange writing in their card?

thanks!

Jaeger
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jaeger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:25 am

There is a same one on mine. I have checked all the other details and it's fine. Perhaps their team in Sheffield deals with returns of these documents

knitter
Newly Registered

Post by knitter » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Jaeger wrote:There is a same one on mine. I have checked all the other details and it's fine. Perhaps their team in Sheffield deals with returns of these documents
Thanks for answering. I was a bit worried. It's probably absolutely fine. in any case it's the vignette that counts.

best wishes

neep
Newly Registered

Post by neep » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:54 am

Mine is the same.

And ... as the card is entitled "UK RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION FOR A NATIONAL OF AN EEA STATE" I wonder why on the front of the card I am told (in bold, underlined upper case):
"YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRODUCE THIS DOCUMENT TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER WHENEVER YOU LEAVE OR ENTER THE UNITED KINGDOM"
(Isn't an EEA passport or ID card the necessary and sufficient document for exit/entry?)

knitter
Newly Registered

Post by knitter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 am

neep wrote:Mine is the same.

And ... as the card is entitled "UK RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION FOR A NATIONAL OF AN EEA STATE" I wonder why on the front of the card I am told (in bold, underlined upper case):
"YOU ARE ADVISED TO PRODUCE THIS DOCUMENT TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER WHENEVER YOU LEAVE OR ENTER THE UNITED KINGDOM"
(Isn't an EEA passport or ID card the necessary and sufficient document for exit/entry?)
Have the same, and I come from Italy, which is a founder state with free movement. ID card or passport is more than enough to move around.
It sounds like UKBA is very confused.
When I booked with the National Checking Service the operator kept insisting that I should have Indefinite Leave to Remain to stay here!
My cat knows Italians don't need it at all, a government service doesn't.