ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

financial requirement query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zchay3e

financial requirement query

Post by zchay3e » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:11 pm

I have been working for this company for 3 years now on a variable (hourly rate). My salary changes every month, but in the last six months, I have made sure all were above £1550 gross. My total over the last 12 months will exceed £18600, but there were a couple of months when my monthly income was below £1550 (April and March).

Two issues though. One is that this month, the company made an error in my payslip and underpaid me. Instead of £1600, they paid me only £1500. Payroll recognises the error and said it can be rectified.

can I sponsor my wife for a spouse visa (Category A) with the last six months' payslips if the company rectifies the error (and provide a covering letter too)?

Alternatively, can I sponsor my wife with category B, having been with the same company for over 12 months and total of payslips for 12 months exceeding £18600?

Also, I receive a £300 bursary a month from the university where I study. Can this be combined with my income?

Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Because you are paid hourly... you just have to show your average earnings over 6 months for category A. So if you have earned 9,300 in the last 6 months regardless of how much you were paid each month, you can apply.

Cat B is fine also, just more paper!

Bursary I'm not sure about, but if you earn enough that won't matter.