ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does the 10 yr Long residence set(LR) period start? income

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mycanal1

Does the 10 yr Long residence set(LR) period start? income

Post by mycanal1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Does the 10 yr Long residence set(LR) period start? from the date of entry in to UK or from the date of 1st visa issued in home land.
if i got study visa on 22 Dec 03 and enter UK on 11-Jan-04. what is the earliest i can apply for set(LR). is it 25 Nov 13 or 13 Dec-13.
on Set(LR) section D2 date of entry to UK on which this application be based: I should write 22 Dec 03 or 11 Jan 04.

we got 2 UK born children, only dependent wife working income £10,000 only. we intended to apply FLR(M) only for her, excluding children as can register them after my ILR . but worried that wife alone 10k might not be enough. i take care of both children at home and unable to find job which do not collide with wife working hours.
please guide , help

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm

For Long residence applications, the start date is the initial date of actual entry to the UK. You may apply for ILR up to 28 days prior to 11 Jan 2014 and before your leave expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 pm

vinny wrote:For Long residence applications, the start date is the initial date of actual entry to the UK. You may apply for ILR up to 28 days prior to 11 Jan 2014 and before your leave expires.
I thought the 10-year qualifying period starts from either

the date when you arrived in the UK with a visa; or
the date you were given permission to stay in the UK.
N/A

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:35 pm

I was assuming that entry was lawful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.