ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change employer tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kmadhu699
Newly Registered

Change employer tier 2 general

Post by kmadhu699 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Hello,

I have a current Tier 2 (General) Visa . I just got a new job and they are happy to provide me with a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance says I need to apply to change employer on my current visa. I cannot find an application form for this anywhere, nor any clear guidance on how to proceed. Do I actually need to apply for a new visa? and Do I need to apply for new visa for my wife as well(Tier 2 Dependent)?

Can you help me on dates when can I start new job? and how can I terminate my current job?( I want to let my current employer know after UKBA issued a visa on my new employer because of some personal reasons)

Some help here would be great. I find the UKBA website lacking on this topic, but maybe I am missing something.

Many thanks!

kmadhu699
Newly Registered

Re: Change employer tier 2 general

Post by kmadhu699 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:33 pm

kmadhu699 wrote:Hello,

I have a current Tier 2 (General) Visa . I just got a new job and they are happy to provide me with a Certificate of Sponsorship.

The UKBA Tier 2 Policy guidance says I need to apply to change employer on my current visa. I cannot find an application form for this anywhere, nor any clear guidance on how to proceed. Do I actually need to apply for a new visa? and Do I need to apply for new visa for my wife as well(Tier 2 Dependent)?

Can you help me on dates when can I start new job? and how can I terminate my current job?( I want to let my current employer know after UKBA issued a visa on my new employer because of some personal reasons)

Some help here would be great. I find the UKBA website lacking on this topic, but maybe I am missing something.

Many thanks!

niv.niv.n

Post by niv.niv.n » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi Madhu,

Change of employment in tier 2 general requires pretty much the same procedure as you apply for Tier 2 general.You will have to show the qualifying points again.Your wife will also have to apply for a new dependent visa.

- Make sure your new employee has completed RMLT ?
- You can only start working on the dates that is mentioned in the new COS.You need to make sure you have completed your notice period with the current employee by then coz you will not be legally entitled work with your previous employer after the new COS dates.
- It is highly recommended to submit your resignation only after getting the new visa approval.

Hope this helps
cheers !!