ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to open a back account in dublin quickly

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

How to open a back account in dublin quickly

Post by Hasaan1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 pm

I desperetatly need to open a back account.

So far I have nothing with address but hostel address, I have pps number and expect to have a letter from employer.

With offers of shared Accomodation only in the pipeline, I am not sure how I can build a correspondence history quickly.

Someone please give advise on how I can open a bank account quickly.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 pm

option 1 - open a bank account using your hostel proof of address i.e., your pps letter. tell your bank that you will collect all correspondence from the branch and they shouldn't send anything to hostel. you can not open a bank account with tenancy agreement.

option 2 - open a non resident account. you will need your passport and 2 proof of addresses (these are your UK proof of address. You should have your fullname on these, initial and surname wont be accepted). Your card/pin will be posted out to uk but again you can collect these from the branch, you just have to tell them that you want card/pin to be delivered to the branch.

Hasaan1
Newly Registered

Post by Hasaan1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Which is best bank that you have experience of these options.

Thanks

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 pm

go for AIB.
I opened non resident account and then changed the address. my card was delivered to my UK address as i was unable to go to branch to collect it.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 pm

opened my bank account with only PPS letter as proof of address and passport!
I used AIB bank.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 pm

Use the pps letter as proof of address, explaining that you live at the hostel address.

When you get a permanent address, simply write to the bank and tell them your new address.

You will also need your passport as proof of identity.

Explain that you need the bank account to receive wages, and use a small sum of money (50 euro) to open the account.

If you have a bank account in a foreign country, you can take a statement from that account to the bank also, as this is another proof of identity/previous address.

Masterboy is correct, the passport and proof of address (pps letter) are enough to open the account. Do not let it become overdrawn, or they will close it off and can refuse to open another account.

Another tip is to open accounts with two different banks as soon as you can afford to do so - so that you always have access to money - in case one bank goes on strike or whatever - keep some money in each of two banks, so you will always be able to get money from one.

Also if you plan to get a loan/mortgage or other stuff like that, make sure your bank account does not show gambling of any sort, or big purchases on stupid things that are very expensive relative to your wages. Keep your account in good order - always a positive balance, and show that you are careful with money.
BL