ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Visa - Please help me out Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crish

Extending Visa - Please help me out Urgent

Post by crish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to extend my visa. I am under tier 2 general visa. My current employer made my job redundant due to business situation. I have only 4 weeks time. he will cancel my COS after 4 weeks. Its Christmas time so tough time...

When I checked in website they mentioned, after cancelling my COS, I will have 28 days to legally stay in UK. But when I checked with my solicitor they said u have 60 days to look out another job which is right?

With my current employer I am working for past two year. 1 year in PSW and I year under Tier 2 General. I got switched into Tier 2 in Dec 2012 and it is valid until Dec 2015

I have 2 options getting tier 2 sponsor or student visa. If anyone know other option please let me know.

I have following questions:

1. One employer is ready to sponsor but he don't have license, to get license how long it will take? Whether I will have enough time to apply for my Tier 2 with the time limit i have?

2. At the moment I am under Logistics my SOC Code fall on 1161 and my current salary is £25000. I have found a new sponsor who have license and is ready to sponsor my visa. I am now 31 years old.

The New sponsor has two roles operations (production) and Logistics related. For operations role they are looking for fresher’s.

I have knowledge on production but no experience. I am interested in operations. As per the SOC code, it is under 1121 New entrant: £20,500 / Experienced: £29,800 They are ready to pay £25000

Is it possible to apply as new entrant for production role. If I apply with £25000 salary will my visa get rejected?

If I am going for logistics related, under SOC Code 1161 (New entrant: £21,000 / Experienced: £27,000 ). Will it be ok if I earn £25000 or should I have to get £27000?

I am under 4 weeks notice period with my current employer. From when i can start working for new employer? My new employer wants me to work for them as soon as possible.

Even though if the new employer select me for same role what I am doing with my current employer, Even then is it necessary for them to take RLMT?

3. Student Visa: my wife is under tier 2 dependent visa. whether it is good to transfer her to student visa or myself?

Please advice me on this.

Thanks & Regards
Crish

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Answers to ALL of your questions are easily found in Tier 2 policy guidance on UKBA website.