ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefit and ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HND STUDENT

child benefit and ilr

Post by HND STUDENT » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 am

One of my friend apply for ilr in 10 years rules. 6 years ago he claimed child benefit when his child was born. He misguided by midwife and nurses. After claiming 5 months he stopped to take child benefit and requested to hmrc that all money back whatever he received as a child benefit. But hmrc said don't worry about this money. Does it affect his ilr application. Please advise. Thanks in advance for your advice. [/list]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:22 am

I would think there shouldn't be an issue and there would be no need to declare for SET(LR). It is worth noting that the question for PBS student extensions does state, have you ever claimed public funds, I would assume that the applicant answered honestly.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

HND STUDENT

thanks for your reply

Post by HND STUDENT » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm

I asked my friend,he never mentioned tier 4 extension form that he claimed child benefit. As a result what will be happened his ilr application. please advise that matter. Thanks for your help.