ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should've known better.....

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rja2419
Newly Registered

Should've known better.....

Post by rja2419 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

Hi,

I only posted my application yesterday and was happy with it as being acceptable if not almost perfect.

and then I stumbled upon this board and I realised I might not have hope at all?

I've opened the company on 28/10 providing legal consultancy (NQF 6) but didn't provide a landlord letter because didn't think it to be necessary, as the business was way too young and only had one client contract

The first client and I met in his office to discuss the dealings and it's been over phone and emails since, but this hasn't been mentioned anywhere. It's a sole proprietorship for now so no employee insurance or liability.

And the client contract I had lists their address and mobile phone number. When I was taught to draft contracts in law school, it nowhere mentioned client contact was void unless it included landline number or email address.

Rest of the documents I provided:

Lloyd's electronic current acc statement (stamped) and Lloyd's original bank letter to confirm the balance amount of £50,000+
Company house current appoint report, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of association, HMRC letter at my address citing my business name.
Online advertisement in yell.com and 192.com
Newspaper advertisement in the chronicles (all the advertisements had my name, business name, types of service I provide, contact details)
Like mentioned earlier - one original client contract.(but only with clients address and mob num)
Original degree certificate and transcript
Original statements from Santander UK for maintenance funds for 90+ days
SOC codes printout outlining-'Legal Professional not elsewhere classified,Legal Consultant'
For general entrepreneur test:
CV
Market research
Business Plan
Original Certificate for a professional course

After reading through here I realise it's been a way too basic and flawed application. I know there's nothing much any one of you can say but I just had to write now that my happiness bubble exploded in my face.

Only if GOD helps me, maybe I'll pull through.

wazobia

Post by wazobia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:12 pm

I got my visa without a landlord approval letter, although my business is engineering consultancy. I won't think you would, either.

Not sure what do to about the contract details. The guidance clearly states what is required. It is not about the contract being null and void without those details, it is about what UKBA want

Good luck. I hope other knowledgeable people will comment

rja2419
Newly Registered

Post by rja2419 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:52 pm

hi,

thanks a lot for your response.

i understand the policy guidance. i have checked, rechecked them so many times, but i guess human error got better of me.

land line i can argue that the client doesnt have it. it says where available - it doesnt say customer has to have it. my client doesnt have a landline num.

however email address is the problem.

believe me or not, i included the email address of my client before signing the contract, and then ommitted it cause didnt think it was necessary at that point. and once contract was signed i couldnt really re do it.

but i spoke to client he's more than happy to confirm if ukba writes or call him on the valid UK address and mob num, which i don't know if they will without an email address.

does anyone know should if i just get a public liabilty insu or professional indemnity insu and send it to them as further info once i've an acknowledgement?

i try not to, but i can stop pondering, only if i added that email add in the contract!

has no one ever had a contract accepted without email? this is so sad for me....

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Should've known better.....

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm

@ rja2419, you can get a new signed contract with all the necessary details which you earlier omitted and also get a landlord letter if you want. You can then send the documents to the same address where you send your application with a covering letter stating that you made a mistake in the earlier contract and wish to replace it with a new one.

Some people on the forum have always insist that you cannot send in new evidence after application is submitted, but there is no Home Office rule or law which says that you cannot.

The reconsideration option clearly states that any new evidence that you submit before Home Office take a decision on your application can be accepted when your application is being reconsider after refusal.

So you should send the corrected documents as you got nothing to loose and you will also have the option of requesting for free reconsideration within 90days if your application got refused. Reconsideration request can also be made while an appeal is pending.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 am

You still have a way out of this based on your situation.
In case if you are sure that you do not want to proceed with your application and your current visa is not expired, you can cancel the payment that UKBA is about to take out for your application.
If you are paying by check, direct debit just call up your bank and tell them that you dont want a transaction of so and so amount to be taken out from your account.
Once done, UKBA will get a transaction declined and your application will be treated as invalid.
This way your application will be returned to you in 7 days and you can amend and resend the application.

rja2419 wrote:Hi,

I only posted my application yesterday and was happy with it as being acceptable if not almost perfect.

and then I stumbled upon this board and I realised I might not have hope at all?

I've opened the company on 28/10 providing legal consultancy (NQF 6) but didn't provide a landlord letter because didn't think it to be necessary, as the business was way too young and only had one client contract

The first client and I met in his office to discuss the dealings and it's been over phone and emails since, but this hasn't been mentioned anywhere. It's a sole proprietorship for now so no employee insurance or liability.

And the client contract I had lists their address and mobile phone number. When I was taught to draft contracts in law school, it nowhere mentioned client contact was void unless it included landline number or email address.

Rest of the documents I provided:

Lloyd's electronic current acc statement (stamped) and Lloyd's original bank letter to confirm the balance amount of £50,000+
Company house current appoint report, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of association, HMRC letter at my address citing my business name.
Online advertisement in yell.com and 192.com
Newspaper advertisement in the chronicles (all the advertisements had my name, business name, types of service I provide, contact details)
Like mentioned earlier - one original client contract.(but only with clients address and mob num)
Original degree certificate and transcript
Original statements from Santander UK for maintenance funds for 90+ days
SOC codes printout outlining-'Legal Professional not elsewhere classified,Legal Consultant'
For general entrepreneur test:
CV
Market research
Business Plan
Original Certificate for a professional course

After reading through here I realise it's been a way too basic and flawed application. I know there's nothing much any one of you can say but I just had to write now that my happiness bubble exploded in my face.

Only if GOD helps me, maybe I'll pull through.
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:02 pm

[quote="KickAss"]You still have a way out of this based on your situation.
In case if you are sure that you do not want to proceed with your application and your current visa is not expired, you can cancel the payment that UKBA is about to take out for your application.
If you are paying by check, direct debit just call up your bank and tell them that you dont want a transaction of so and so amount to be taken out from your account.
Once done, UKBA will get a transaction declined and your application will be treated as invalid.
This way your application will be returned to you in 7 days and you can amend and resend the application.

VERY GOOD OPTION.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.