ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS passed 2 years ago used as one of KoLL requirements?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamer12
Newly Registered

IELTS passed 2 years ago used as one of KoLL requirements?

Post by dreamer12 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi,

I am applying for naturalisation for my wife. She passed life in the uk test when we applied for her settlement and I thought that's all she needs to apply for naturalisation. On reading the form closely I have found out that she also needs to provide an English language certificate to prove her language skills and the change came into effect for anyone applying after 28th Oct. Could someone please advise on following.

- Is it true that home office requires both for anyone applying after 28th Oct regardless of what route they are coming from (she is eligible based on a spouse visa)

- Also I wanted to know if her IELTS can be used as the English language proof. She passed that in June 2011 and I read somewhere that IELTS certificates expire after 2 years? Can this be a problem although there is usually no expiry date written on IELTS certificates.

- If IELTS can't be used, can she use her MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine) degree that she did from Pakistan? If so, would it require an assessment from UK NARIC?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

dadageer
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IELTS passed 2 years ago used as one of KoLL requirement

Post by dadageer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:09 am

- Is it true that home office requires both for anyone applying after 28th Oct regardless of what route they are coming from (she is eligible based on a spouse visa)

Yes both!

- Also I wanted to know if her IELTS can be used as the English language proof. She passed that in June 2011 and I read somewhere that IELTS certificates expire after 2 years? Can this be a problem although there is usually no expiry date written on IELTS certificates.

It's still good. As per Home office clarification when asked via email.

What if your website says my qualification expires after 2 years?

The expiry dates on that list do not apply to settlement or citizenship applications. If your test is on the attached list it will be acceptable.
Not all those who wander are lost...

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm

expired IELTS can be used as a proof for English language...

Good luck

jinish09
Newly Registered

Post by jinish09 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Expired IELTS is not valid unless used in past as entry clearance.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:29 pm

jinish09 wrote:Expired IELTS is not valid unless used in past as entry clearance.
Not sure if that's correct. Simply put, they don't take any expiry (of an English test) into the account when it comes to ILR or Naturalisation.
Goodluck.

jinish09
Newly Registered

Post by jinish09 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Where does it says on UK home office website ?

if you guys are that confident then get me one person who has got approval !