ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply for my non-eu partner

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sleekviolet
Newly Registered

can i apply for my non-eu partner

Post by sleekviolet » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi , wondering if anyone can help me,
am a naturalised British since June, am getting married in June next year but will be relocating to Ireland next year January, I live with my boyfriend but hez going back home in January as his visit visa runs out in Feb.
My question is as a british relocating to Ireland how can I apply for my boyfriend to join me, will it be easier to wait till we get married in June and apply for him then? and if I do will he have a visa that will enable him to work in th UK.
Please any advice will be appreciated.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:52 pm

It s easier to apply if u get married otherwise u ll have to show 2years evidence of the relationship. U ll have to get a join spouse visa at first to Ireland and then when in Ireland apply for eu card for ur husband. U ll need to work or study to exercise ur eu treaty rights. Ur husband will get a permission to work in Ireland not uk. Go through topics in this section loads of them explain the details.